VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quick Question

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You only can sign up for insurance within 2 years of original rating. If a rating is increased that is not counted. Good Luck

The full nitty is here:

http://www.benefits.va.gov/insurance/

FYI:

Just a note...if you are rated 100% you will receive a waiver of premium for 10,000 dollar life insurance AFTER you have been 100% for 6 months. When I signed up, I payed the premium for a total of 5 months, and after the 6 month period the V.A. sent me back the 5 months in premiums I paid.

So sign up, pay the premiums for the 6 months and you will get your money back, or wait 6 months and you will be good to go!!

All the best!! Thank you for your service!!

Greg

• HadIt.com Elder

10,000 bucks will just about bury you if you go for viewing, embalming, nice coffin etc., and you are buried in VA National Cemetary. I don't want people to view my body after I am pumped up with embalming juice. I think I will cut out the viewing and just go for quick service and into the ground. Florida insists on metal vault into which coffin goes due to wet conditions. This is pollution and waste of space. The graveyard where my relatives are buried is now too dangerous to visit without armed guard or cops overhead. What is cheapest way to go? The only who will show up for my service are just a few friends. I am not worried about making an impression once I am cold. I want the wife to hold onto as much insurance money as possible.

John

John,

A few years ago a man was arrested in Florida for trying to cremate his wife's remains in a 55 gallon drum. He was trying to save money but I am not sure about what happened to him. Do you recall this?