VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi Claim Question

Rate this question

TaborsDad

Question

I'm currently rated 30% and been rated for 10 years for 10 L Knee, 10 R knee and 10 depression. I recently filed for a TBI for a fall I had in Japan. I hit a tree face first went to the E.R. Friend took me and told doctor I was out cold for 5 seconds. I must have told doctor I have headache cause it's in my record. Fast forward 14 years I file claim and Va Rater added migranes with dizziness to my claim. I do sauffer from migraines now. Is this a good thing? Because my claim is pending decision approval and I never received a C&p on anything related to my TBI Claim. Oh doctor documented concussion. Two years later I was diagnosed manic depressive with anxiety told the doctor than that I was fatigued and confused he asked me how long I felt this way I told him two years. Is that not enough evidence to at least grant a c&p for the TBI? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated my fellow veterans

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I'm currently rated 30% and been rated for 10 years for 10 L Knee, 10 R knee and 10 depression.

I recently filed for a TBI for a fall I had in Japan. I hit a tree face first went to the E.R. Friend took me and told doctor I was out cold for 5 seconds.

I must have told doctor I have headache cause it's in my record.

Fast forward 14 years I file claim and Va Rater added migranes with dizziness to my claim. I do sauffer from migraines now. Is this a good thing? Because my claim is pending decision approval and I never received a C&p on anything related to my TBI Claim. Oh doctor documented concussion. Two years later I was diagnosed manic depressive with anxiety told the doctor than that I was fatigued and confused he asked me how long I felt this way I told him two years. Is that not enough evidence to at least grant a c&p for the TBI? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated my fellow veterans

You recently filed for a TBI - did the TBI happen on active duty ?

You have a claim pending approval - is it for TBI.

Sorry, but I find the post confusing.

Can you post it more clearly, chronologically.

2001 - Iwakuni, Japan.

While in service, I feel of a cliff about 25 yards before hitting a tree face first. My friends took me to the E.R. I don't remember anything about it for about two days after the accident. But, while at the E.R. I told the doctor that I had a headache and the doctor dignosed me with a concussion and facial laceration and bruise on my head.

2003 - Beaufort, SC

While in service, I have a break down and almost beat the crap out of my Staff Sergent. I go to a psch evauil where they document that I forget things and I feel fatigued. They dignose me Manic Depresive with anxiety agrophobia.

2004 - VA Winston Salem

After discharge file a claim for knees and depression. I recieve 10% for each knee and 10% for depression.

2014 - New claim

File for Increase on my knees, and claims for TBI New, and Lip Scar New. Submit a letter from my boss at work saying I miss days from work because of my knees and Migranes and my Co-Workers have relayed to him that I vomit when I get Migranes, also submitted copy's of my time sheet showing all the missed days for the last year, which is the truth I also have current Doctor records for treatment of my knees, Depression, and Migranes. But I never submitied the claim for Migranes. However in E Benifits the R.O. added Migranes, dizziness and Vomiting to my claim as a new claim.

They sent me to a new C&P for a increase to my knee claim.

They Did Not send me to a C & P for TBI or Migranes.

Claim has went to Pending Decision approval.

My question then is why did the RO waste the time to add Migrane to my claim if there not even going to give me a C&P for the TBI or the Migranes? I would say well maybe there is enough evidence but I just don't feel that there is without a Nexus letter. I'm not complaining Im just generaly curious as to what my fellow Veterns think?

Edited by TaborsDad

You recently filed for a TBI - did the TBI happen on active duty ?

You have a claim pending approval - is it for TBI.

Sorry, but I find the post confusing.

Can you post it more clearly, chronologically.

Thanks Carlie! I took your advice.