VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pharmacy Canceled My Anti-Depressant Prescription I Ended Up At The Er

Rate this topic

• In Memoriam

Jeez us. Fayetteville ar pharmacy has improved itself. Tbird I am just trying to make light of situations that we have to go through. I am sorry for your situation girl. will facetime early.

In stead of taking a paper number, out of the machine, and waiting. Now you go up to this 100,000 dollar machine and push a button which automatically assigins you a beautiful grafic number. There are about 8 windows with people, pharmisist, pushing buttons to get the next person in line. You have to do this before going to the window. They have built a plastic window that sticks out about 4 feet and sign for you meds. I usually tell the doctors to just mail them.

After 5 strokes, and the continuous pain in my head I just don't really give a crap anymore. No pain meds, except for these Gabapentin (white jelly beans).

VAIOG was going through the VA today when i went for my C&P's. People were acting all nice. They would come up and ask me and ask If there was anything I needed. I would say yea, can you go get me a cup of coffee. I did this to five different people. I never did get any coffee. hehe. They would tell me where to go and get coffee. I would tell them thanks, I just won 5 bucks from my wife cause I told my wife you would say that. One guy told me where the coffee was and I asked him to push my wheel chairs over there. Like I said I just just don't seem to give a crap except for you guys.

I will discuss my C&P in social cause it was really weird and funny for me. I might as well have fun with all the BS they put us through.

I agree with Jim. By turning off the answering machine for ordering meds at 4, they are rationing care. So is meds by mail..health care rationing. Homeless Vets often dont even have an address so how are they gonna get "meds by mail"? Im gonna start a new topic..rather than trampling Tbirds.

• HadIt.com Elder

The reason I started getting meds from the VA was to save a few bucks. Tbird's situation where they cut off her anti-depressants is malpractice. As a person starts to slowly descend into depression without medication this can lead to a disaster. Every psychiatrist knows this. If VA pharmacy overrules their own doctors this is a scandal. What is cost of puttin severely depressed person in-patient?

What is cost to family and society of a suicide? Depressed people do commit suicide. This is total failure of VA healthcare system.

• Founder

+1 to what jbasser said

(gets on soapbox)

If the VA claims to care so much...

instead of calling to say they cancelled your meds, they should call every Veteran when their prescriptions are close to expiring and asking if they need them renewed, refilled, mailed, or ready to pickup at the window. There is no reason why a Veteran should have to chase down their doc to get a prescription renewed and hope the doc gets the myhealthevet secure message or call the VA nurse line an wait on hold for an hour for prescriptions that they have been receiving and rely on!

(gets off soapbox)

Contacted my psych doctors case nurse, I had left her a message on Saturday morning which I knew she wouldn't get till Tuesday because of the holiday. She had seen my ER notes but not the note from the pharmacy cancelling it and that seemed to confuse her (imagine how I felt) she said she would talk to the doctor about it. I have another call in to her today.

I don't know how long it takes to get through the withdrawal once I started taking it again on Saturday, but I feel hellish still.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Tbird,

This is definitely something that keeps me up at night. They did this to me a while back, too, to a similar extent. I was treated wonderfully by a specialty clinic for years and was actually doing alright. Suddenly, my refills did not arrive and I ran out of my meds. I was told that I needed to see a primary care doc before they would refill anything. I was there an hour later and was told a walk-in appt did not count. It had to be an annual primary care appointment, but it would be several months before I could be scheduled. My BP spiked, I visited with a counselor to decompress and they worked with the patient advocate and pharmacy to continue my meds until my primary care appointment.

Two things the VAMC does that upsets me is denying medical care and denying medications.

• 4 weeks later...