VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerned

Rate this question

Jmgonzales1966

Question

I have been receiving 70% benefits since I got out of the army 10/2008. Benefits started 11/1/2014. 40% back, 30 PTSD, Tinatius 10 I just requested a increase for back ... I went to the Dr. and my claim is already in Preparation for Notification.. And oh ya they backdated to 11/2013. What does that mean?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you must have gotten your increase for your neck. Have you filed for TDIU? Your claim for increase should be effective on the date you filed so if that is 11/2013 that makes sense. When you say "benefits start 11/01/14" that must mean your increase is to start on that month's day one. You should get retro to 11/2013 if I am understanding.

People filing their first ever VA claim can potentially get up to one years retro pay prior to the date they filed. I'm not sure if that is your situation or not though.

Did you have a different claim in the system prior to this one? If so it could be the date of that…

I have been receiving benefits since 11/2008... 70% currently. I just asked for a increase for by back which I am getting 40% for on 9/15/2014. The weird thing is my dr appointment was 1 week after filing and my claim is in preparation for notification.. Another weird thing is they backdated to 11/2013 for this one... I may have called and started to request last year just never followed up... Don't remember... Do you think I am going to get denied because it hasn't even been a month...and its already in preparation for notification... So strange it went that fast.