VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Claim Went From Prep For Decision Back To Gathering Evidence

Rate this question

Shadow2b

Question

LAst Thursday, my eBenefits status changed three times. I had my C&P exam two weeks ago (at which point my claim was at Gathering of Evidence), and my results were received and updated in ebenefits a few days after. Last week on Monday, my status changed to Review Of Evidence, then on Wednesday to Prep for Decision, then Pending Decision approval on Thursday with a completion date of 12/10/14 to 3/25/15., At the end of the day I checked again and it had gone back to Gathering of Evidence with an expected completion date of sometime in 2016. Is it normal for this to happen? Especially since depending on the rating I may be getting a fairly large retro check? I checked all the letters on ebennies and didn't see any updates.

A little further info:I am already rated 20 percent, which I haven't received in almost 2 years, since the VA has not restarted my payments since I got back from deployment with the guard a year ago. I originally filed this claim in January of 2012, but it was also closed when I deployed and I had to reopen it when I got back.(Last November) I had four claims, PTSD(open), Hearing Loss, Knee Sprain(increase) and Achillies Tendonitis. I have had all of my C&P's, and submitted every single possible piece of evidence I could think of. SO I am not sure what else they would need to gather.

Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated

My experience is this:

Filed claim May 2013

June 2013 - GOE

July 2013 - 3 C&P's completed (all of them were for my contentions filed except for my MH exam)

GOE until June 2014

June 2014 PFD

June 2014 Back to GOE but in the comments section it said Decision Letter Sent so I looked up the AB8 letter and sure enough I was partially S/C 40% at this time. The BBE came a week later and so did retro from May 13 to June 14 and first disability check as of July 2014

Aug 2014 GOE but received a call from coordinator at RO office that they were amending my MH claim to include PTSD (secondary to Personal Assault)

Sept 2014 ROE

Sept 2014 Called and talked to Coordinator and she got with rater who finally ordered my C&P Exam for MH (Eating Disorder/PTSD (MST)/Anxiety)

Oct 2014 C&P Completed

Now I wait for the remainder of my contentions to be reviewed and either be S/C or denied.

Ebennies is very unreliable and I would say don't trust it at all! If you have a DAV/VSO rep use them!

Shadow2b, besides the C & P I most recently completed for PTSD, I have literally repeated everything twice. To the point of, under my active problems list, I have duplicates of all my ICD-9 codes, stating one of two different dates. I dare not fathom why.

I just got back on today. I looked at mine and it just like your same wording and dates. My claim was put in this past July

Mine jumped back to Prep for Decision today. I am curious to see what claim date they use, since they originally closed my claim when I got called back up for deployment last year and I had to reopen it when I came back, which was over a year later. I don't have any lofty expectations on my claim and am very sure I am gonna get lowballed lol. I didn't use a VSO because I had nothing but issues with them (nothing against VSO's whatsoever, it was mainly just the ones where I live). I submitted everything my self via Ebenefits. I haven't even been getting my 20 percent because restarting that payment was considered a type of claim, and they are going to resolve that and my other one at the same time.