VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Stuck At The Ro Since 2009

Rate this question

jeffperry1134

Question

Does anyone have an idea how long it should take to go from the RO to the BVA in the Appeals process? All of the paperwork has been done and the forms have been completed by the BVA since 2010. I called the BVA and they said that they don't have it and I try to call the RO office and after 30 minutes through the automation I get hung up on and told to call back later. I sent an e-mail to the VBA through ebenefits 3 weeks ago with no response as of yet. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? It is getting very frustrating and I am having problems with my medicine and stability.

Roger that, Coming out hot!! Things went so well I'm waiting for that VA ness to raise its ugly head but today was good day. I will beg and cry my way on the group wait bench on the travel board as a space A . if I get any correspondence about a date I will let everyone know. If would like to read my brief, someone help me upload to site

Uploads.............

If you click on the Options button to right hand side of reply box, ther a Paperclip will pop up to the lower left of the reply and it says Attach Files.

You can then browse your files for what you want to attach.

However it might not handle anything too larfge...I tried to attach an aireal photo of my farm a few weeks ago... the foliage here in NY is magnificent this time of year, but it would not attack.

Actuyally I am trying to attach sometheing here to see if I gave the proper directions to you

Does anyone have an idea how long it should take to go from the RO to the BVA in the Appeals process? All of the paperwork has been done and the forms have been completed by the BVA since 2010. I called the BVA and they said that they don't have it and I try to call the RO office and after 30 minutes through the automation I get hung up on and told to call back later. I sent an e-mail to the VBA through ebenefits 3 weeks ago with no response as of yet. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? It is getting very frustrating and I am having problems with my medicine and stajeff

jeff all I can tell you is what I know and what I've gone thru. I started my claim in 2004 and in dec of 2008 I had a comp an pension exam which was a sham, considering the examiner said I was kidnapped by 5 navy sailors, maybe at port of FT BRAGG..... and that I had a history of childhood abuse and my adoptive father spoiled me, all so far fetch and nowhere close to the truth. about a week later I got 85 pg of criminal records finally after 3 yrs and 3 signature files to FOIA The comp and pen examiner I'm sure had the file and even though there is no mention of it he didn't lookat them or chose to ignore them / I filed for an appeal first thing in 2009 and just had my hearing over in Portland, Or. the end of Judge told me that they were working on Appeals filed in fiscal year 2011-2012 and that since mine was filed in 2009 I'd go to the front of the line...>SURE I WOULD JUDGE....Actually I had the Judges decision in my hand in 2 months 2 days if I remember right. Total time so far on case 10yrs total time for appeal 5 yrs

I had an attorney and still couldn't do anything to speed it up.

As for advice what to do , all I can say is I don't give advice to anyone because I know what I do and what runs thru my mind and most people don't need more problems

I appealed my claim initially in 2007. Then did the Form-9 for a BVA hearing in March of 2009. I've called the BVA help line and all they say is they don't have the file and to contact the regional office. Anytime I call the 800 number they tell me that these things take many years and there is nothing they can do unless they "pull" my file which will then get it placed at the back of the pile. I did the iris inquiry about 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing back. I called the Office of Case Management and left 3 voicemails over the last 2 weeks as no one ever answers. I'm about to write my congressmen about the issue. 5 years and my file is just sitting there? I get that it takes time to process and schedule hearings and what not, but it hasn't even been sent to the BVA yet.