VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Stuck At The Ro Since 2009

Rate this question

jeffperry1134

Question

Does anyone have an idea how long it should take to go from the RO to the BVA in the Appeals process? All of the paperwork has been done and the forms have been completed by the BVA since 2010. I called the BVA and they said that they don't have it and I try to call the RO office and after 30 minutes through the automation I get hung up on and told to call back later. I sent an e-mail to the VBA through ebenefits 3 weeks ago with no response as of yet. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? It is getting very frustrating and I am having problems with my medicine and stability.

don't know how to use but I have time to learn

Edited by me.plum

my brief is about 40 pages long , it goes into detail about me my unit and my medical history. I have buddy statements ,yes found them on facebook. My Mother saved all of the Beirut letters that I wrote to her and so on. I can see me passing out on those fokes in the confusion lol. I pray every day since 06 when I first put my claim in that everything will in the end be ok

I went to the RO with papers from the honorable Michael D Lyon that where docketed in 08 about a hearing Tuesday Oct 14,2014. Friday Oct 17,2014 letter came in the mail with a hearing date of November 19,2014 at 8:30 am. Good news all around thank God. Called my lawyer and it's not a good date for him!! but that ok we can get a January date. Their are I lot of Vets that needs help like me and I've been waiting a long time, but I want everyone to receive that help few more days I can hold on. Web sites like this are God sent

I found out that I may have screwed myself by putting in a new claim at the VA representative's advice to increase my knee award and hearing loss award. My POA said that it made my appeal on hold until the other stuff got done and she had to call them to tell them to forward it on. Does that take me to the back of the line at the RO for processing or will they just forward it on.

• HadIt.com Elder

I hate to say this. There is no way to reliably predict what a VARO will or will not do when it comes to time frames for most anything!

I'd hope that the recent changes may eventually have a a favorable effect.

Unfortunately, it looks like the system may be gamed already to avoid getting hammered for inaction on some of the older claims. This seems to be accomplished by changing case status details in the VA computer systems, then putting it back to sleep until the next time. (I've had claims and appeals that languished for years before even partial resolution.)

Edited by Chuck75