Has The Va Pharmacy Stopped Your Meds Or Cancelled A Prescription? Join Us For The Hadit Blog Talk Radio Show Wed 10/15/14 At 10Am Eastern

• Admin

Have you been a victim of the cancel the prescription game? Have you had to wait for medicine that you really needed?

We will discuss this and other similar issues on this show.

Join us at 10 am eastern 10/15/14.

The call in number is 347 237 4819

Basser

• HadIt.com Elder

Lol, I am still waiting for the VA to give me medicine that I really need. But, the VA prescription game involves taking this, then than, then this other thing, then getting approval for something else, etc... and a couple of years later might get the same med my non-VA doc would prescribe in about 5 minutes.

• HadIt.com Elder

Guys I cant do the show but hopefully maybe you can make this point.

Some meds are a Safety Issue. The vet must take them without delay.

We had a vet here about a year ago with a frustrating med problem and was getting a big run a round from VA. The meds were to prevent seizures, He was very worried.

I gave him this link and told him to file a IG hotline complaint ,but I was not sure as to how the IG would handle it, if at all....:

http://www.va.gov/oig/

The VA IG called the VAs (2 VAMCs were involved )and then resolved this in a heartbeat and he got his Seizure meds right away.

Patient safety issues are determined by the IG.

It is often critical that some meds MUST be taken daily with no delay.

We had another vet I advised this too as well but he never returned to let us know if the IG helped him.

As a witness to a major VA medical prescription error myself, that involved 2 VA PTs,

I know a med runaround could possibly even be fatal in some cases.They could have caused the death of one of these vets and they acted like it was no big deal. Until

I went to the VAMC pharmacy office myself and raised Hell about it and then they fixed it.

And they put a nasty note about me into my c file because I raised hell.

I really got a good laugh when I read it. :lol:

Then again when you try to do the right thing, VA has a way of blaming the complainer and not acknowledging their medical error. :wacko:

(MUch like their initial BS on the Phoenix incident)

Edited by Berta
  • Like 1

• Subscription Holder

Off Label use of drugs at VA is big problem. Many anti-seizure drugs are used for mental health issues. If vets suddenly stops use of these drugs he/she can have a seizure that may result in death or brain damage. Neuronin was used for everything at the VA. This is anti-seizure med not for use for PTSD vets.

• Like 1

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines