VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Information Demanded?

Rate this question

mcarter985

Question

So, I checked eBenefits the other day and found they need some information from me for a claim. No where I look tells me what the information is. The system does tell me a developement letter has been sent. Is there some place on the site I can go to to find out what they're looking for?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

If you have not received a VCAA letter yet, perhaps that is what they mean.

The VCAA letter (unless it changed since I got one years ago) says

IMPORTANT REPLY REQUESTED on top and then will tell you what information they are seeking and they will enclose a response form.

Check your address in ebenefits (I know you can see it under letter generator) and ensure they have your correct address.

If it's been more than a couple weeks since they said they needed information, try an IRIS inquiry saying you need to know what information is needed.

https://iris.custhelp.com/app/ask

While my claim was open, I could go to Status>Compensation & Pension Claims Status & Upload Supporting Documents, then under open claims Under "Action" the was an option to "upload documents" When I went there It had listed in the table exactly what was needed... I hope this is helpful to you. I never received the letter they said they sent and my address was correct. I just stumbled on this while exploring and just clicking links to see what was there...