VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Advise

Rate this question

vet90

Question

At Bva hearing done 8/05/14, Judge stated appeal would be advanced on docket due to homelessness. Now appeal showing complete as of 10/15/14 with the following statement:

Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the Appeals Management Center or, if represented by an attorney, the Regional Office. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

I called 1-800# and was told my appeal was advanced on the docket due to financial hardship, Judge did make a decision and AMC has to type the decision, then mail to me. What the? Please can someone please help me to understand this mess! I surely hope I haven't been denied.

6 answers to this question

Do you have a vet rep on the POA? or an attorney?

If so have you contacted them ?

Do you have any address on file with VA at all???

Berta, I'm going to respond to you and Notorious Kelly within this post becasue I don't know how to respond individually. Yes, I do have a POA, American Legion in St. Pete Florida. I spoke with her today and it seems as though my appeal has been remanded again. This time to AMC. She says it's quite normal for VLJ's to go the remand route when more evidence is needed.

Notorious Kelly, I am living at a shelter for homeless female veterans in Tampa. FL. Which is the reason why at my videoconference hearing the Judge said my appeal would be advanced on the docket. Well, a women's veteran coordinator, Regional level will be at this homeless shelter tomorrow morning. I sure hope she has some answers for me.

I'll keep posting updates as the come. Thanks

Don't understate your circumstances nor be too proud to accept any and all help from social and veterans agencies.

I did a homeless experiment in 2005-6 http://s234.photobucket.com/user/notoriouskelly/library/Homeless%20Experiment and was shocked how difficult it was for me to climb out of.

Although it Appears there are a wealth of resources available for people sincerely desiring to get back on their feet, most of it is piecemeal, temporary and not comprehensive enough to be of real help.

So plead your case to all. We're rooting for you and I'll be happy to assist any way possible.

To reply to someone personally, move mouse to their name at left and choose Send Message.

Keep your hope up and good luck! :smile:

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good luck Vet90!