VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims

Rate this question

Jmgonzales1966

Question

I am currently receiving 70% rating since I got out of army 10/2008. On 9/15/2014 I refiled claim to request increases on my ratings...PTSD 30%, Back 40% Leg 10% Titantus 10% is my rating currently.. Requested increases on all and the ones I am getting O on ... But there are 2 claims showing when I go into EBENEFITS . This claim and a back claim only 11/2013.. The 9/15/2014 is under review but the 11/2013 claim is in preparation of notification already. I already went to the back appointment 3 weeks ago...

My question is why would they put a back claim only and backdate it? Also it says if there are multiple claims filed they are going to combine with the first claim... So what is the first claim?

Do you think there is a mistake... Because 30 days to make a decisison does not seem right...

yes I filed for the umemployability thing too.

Has anyone had this issue?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Don't trust e-benefits to get it right. It is only as accurate as the VA person entering/updating the info wants it to be.

You actually might have a bit of better luck calling the 1-800 number, if you can get someone to answer the phone.

I agree with Vync. If the call to the 800 number doesn't work, send an IRIS inquiry to the VA. JMO

Good luck and thank you for your service.

Ok just checked Ebenefits and my claim closed.. There is no change on the award letter you can view or benefit explorer but when I went in to see if anything changed if I wanted to file a new claim.. They added in Right Low Extremity Sciatic 20%

So Now I have right distal Femur (10%), Tinnitus 10%), Lumbar Strain with degenerative back disease (40%), Right Low Extemity Sciatic(20 %), and PTSD (30 %). What do you think my final rating will be?

I called the 800 number to see what my award will be next month and it connected me with customer service... On hold for 25 minutes.

This claim took 32 days.. Very strange...

"Also it says if there are multiple claims filed they are going to combine with the first claim... So what is the first claim?"

Have they acknowledged the TDIU claim yet Jm?

If I were the VA here I would combine all this and award the TDIU claim. Of course they don't care what I think.

I actually think many TDIU claims are easier for the VA to do then rating multiple issues that do not warrant TDIU.