VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird Claims Status

Rate this question

Berta

Question

My claims went into a rating board within days of my remand on Sept 12th.

The last week of Sept it all remained at the rating board and then on Oct 3rd, a coach had it, then it back to a rater on the 4th.

Today the VA tells me the entire three -four volumes went to Regional counsel on Oct 3rd,and an adjudicator now has a temporary file on the claim waiting for it to come back.I guess that info did not reach the computer until today.

What is really odd is that I talked to Regional consel's office for quite some time this AM. The lawyer I talked to had been assigned my recent SF 95 ((a tort action for destruction of my IMOs) and was a little familiar with my past tort claim.

We discussed my present claims and I told him that the offset which his office had fixed in 2004 would have to be fully refunded to me when my present claims succeed.

If the VA has made a decision or wanted to check that offset (because they would have to refund it to me under direct SC death award) it would make sense to send this all to counsel to verify that information.

But it astonishes me that this lawyer never mentioned that the files were there. They are hard to miss- they need a doily to move them around.Maybe another lawyer there got the volumes of medical records.

Lots of action has occurred on my claim since the remand but none of it makes any sense.

What is real funny is one of the vet reps at 800 said I should ask my vet rep to check the status.

Ha! My vet rep is waiting to hear from me on the status.

Is this weird? Actually I was quite happy to here it is with regional counsel----at least it is with someone who can READ! I just cant figure out why the lawyer I talked to this AM did not know they had been sent the files.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

My claims went into a rating board within days of my remand on Sept 12th.

The last week of Sept it all remained at the rating board and then on Oct 3rd, a coach had it, then it back to a rater on the 4th.

Today the VA tells me the entire three -four volumes went to Regional counsel on Oct 3rd,and an adjudicator now has a temporary file on the claim waiting for it to come back.I guess that info did not reach the computer until today.

What is really odd is that I talked to Regional consel's office for quite some time this AM. The lawyer I talked to had been assigned my recent SF 95 ((a tort action for destruction of my IMOs) and was a little familiar with my past tort claim.

We discussed my present claims and I told him that the offset which his office had fixed in 2004 would have to be fully refunded to me when my present claims succeed.

If the VA has made a decision or wanted to check that offset (because they would have to refund it to me under direct SC death award) it would make sense to send this all to counsel to verify that information.

But it astonishes me that this lawyer never mentioned that the files were there. They are hard to miss- they need a doily to move them around.Maybe another lawyer there got the volumes of medical records.

Lots of action has occurred on my claim since the remand but none of it makes any sense.

What is real funny is one of the vet reps at 800 said I should ask my vet rep to check the status.

Ha! My vet rep is waiting to hear from me on the status.

Is this weird? Actually I was quite happy to here it is with regional counsel----at least it is with someone who can READ! I just cant figure out why the lawyer I talked to this AM did not know they had been sent the files.

I wonder if the 'ol "CYA" rule has been applied here with the regional counsel?

Boondoc

• In Memoriam

Berta --

I always put new files dirfectly in the cabinet so they don't make my desk messier and first open them when I am ready to work on them. I would be surprised if VA Regional Counsel doesn't do the same, as do rest of the lawyers who have only one claim.

Alex