VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted 100% Non-Pt, Reduction Date 01Oct2019

Rate this topic

sapper6

Team:

I had filed my claim early May 2014 and just got my VA letter. I have had some massive struggles at work and home but I do work part-time, this is in my records. The part-time work keeps me sane and from shooting myself!. And yet, after my C&P, the VA just granted me 100% for PTSD, 30% for nephrolithiasis (kidney stones - this has really sucked), and 20% for hypertension (not controlled by meds). However, the award letter states the following:

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilityes at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on: Oct 01, 2019.

I am unsure how to interpret this, I am really hoping that I can get my life back and be able to get my earnings back to my pre-service days. Does this mean that I will get 100% PTSD until Oct 01, 2019 ? Or would they look at this before and I have to go through the painful C&P process again ? What if I decide to move to someplace cheaper like Mexico and don't get the VA exam notification on time? I know they can reevaluate anytime but how realistic is it before 2019 ? All 3 of the conditions have the same language.

How should I approach this ? I am afraid to even touch this money out of fear the government will ask for it back, etc.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

V/r,

Sapper6

Edited by sapper6

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When you receive a rating that is not P & T, you are normally scheduled for a disability reevaluation in five (5) years. This is not unusual. The reevaluation is to determine if there has been any significant change in your service connected conditions. It is also not unusual to receive a proposal to reduce rating when you receive your five (5) year reevaluation notice.

As long as your service connected conditions remain the same or become worse, your rating will not be reduced. In preparation for the five (5) year reevaluation and any proposal to reduce your rating, you should continue to go to your doctors and other medical appointments on a regular basis. You want to be able to show a continuity of treatment for all of your conditions. The medical records created by your medical visits will help you at reevaluation time and can also assist you if you request increases for any of your conditions in the future.

I would definitely make sure the VA has updated contact info on you at all times. You do not want to miss a reevaluation exam or fail to respond to a proposal to reduce rating. JMO

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

Another point I failed to mention is the VA may attempt to reduce your 100% PTSD rating if they find out you are working, even part time. Some may disagree, but it is my understanding the VA does not want veterans with 100% temporary ratings working, especially veterans with mental health disorders. JMO

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use