Preparation For Notification

USMC3024

Question

I have a claim submitted for PTSD and tinnitus. Today I received a call from the VA asking for my banking information my dependents birth days and ssn's. When I check ebenefits my case has moved to preparation for notification. Peggy at the VA would not tell me what rating I have been approved for. She said she could not see that info. I was wondering if this means i will be at least 30%? Im on meds for ptsd and go to the va for counseling. I had my c&p a few weeks ago through VES so I cannot see the results yet. This is my first claim. Any idea on how long it takes for retro pay?Any info is much appreciated.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

With Peggy asking for dependent info, it definitely sounds like you are looking at a minimum of 30%.

The timeline for retro pay varies. My retro pay was deposited in my direct deposit account a few days before I received official notification of the decision from the VA.Keep checking your direct deposit account.

Also, keep checking the VA downloadable letters in your ebenefits account for change in status of your rating. My change in rating showed up on an AB8 letter in ebenefits before I received the BBE from the VA.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

With Peggy asking for dependent info, it definitely sounds like you are looking at a minimum of 30%.

The timeline for retro pay varies. My retro pay was deposited in my direct deposit account a few days before I received official notification of the decision from the VA.Keep checking your direct deposit account.

Also, keep checking the VA downloadable letters in your ebenefits account for change in status of your rating. My change in rating showed up on an AB8 letter in ebenefits before I received the BBE from the VA.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

georgiapapa thank you for the reassurance. I will keep checking ebenefits and my accunt. Semper Fi

Semper Fi to you my friend.

I'm kind of stressing out over this, since the VARO called and confirmed my banking information and dependent info I should be good to go you think? I do not put anything past the VA in regard to negligence. so any positive thoughts would be much appreciated. This site and all the members on it have been a great support system for myself and other's. Its good we all have each other's backs. I'm trying to stay off ebenefits because I'm driving myself crazy waiting to see my rating letter, and for the case to close. I'm going to hang out with the wife and kid and forget about it for a while. Again, thanks everyone!