VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

About The Tiger Team

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

I've done some research on the Tiger Team. It was established by the Veterans Benefits Administration in 2003 to eliminate backlogged claims. They are in Cleveland, OH and the scary part is that the team consists of all MANAGERS. Their mission is to process claims of veterans over 70 years old AND claims that are over a year old.

Since the majority of the claims now are way over a year old, I assume the Tiger Team is doing the majority of the processing of claims? And they now have a heavy back log.

When the VA expedites your claim all that happens is it sits at the place it was expedited to and when it comes it's turn the claim is the expedited to another office where it begins it's journey again at the bottom of the pile there until it get's to the top. Then it is over a year old and is sent to the Tiger Team were it begins the same journey from the bottom to the top again. At least that is what I have been experiencing the past 19 months.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Pretty much seems that whenever the VA does something to speed things upp it ends up being another bottleneck and place to delay/ So far I have heard mostly good things about Tiger Team.

• HadIt.com Elder

Rocky

I don't know of many claims that take less than a year even presumptive AO claims with all the evidence at the VA take about a year. If their are any questions to resolve all bets are off on time limits.

If an organization knowingly has been understaffed for years how can they act surprised when they have tens of thousands of claims and appeals sitting collecting dust. They are waiting for vets to die.