VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got A Notice From The Dav, Says I Go To Cavc Court

Rate this question

rdnkjeeper

Question

I did search but didn't find anything. This is the first I have heard of this. Is it legit? The letter says that an attorney will represent me free of charge. Like I said I have never heard of this before. Anyone have any experience?

RDNK: Do you have a BVA Denial of an appeal? Is the DAV your VSO with POA? Your 80% SC for how long, 3-4 or 5 years? Do you have an appeal for increase in rating or retro?

All VSO have DRO & BVA Hearing Reps that are to a certain degree experts, to accompany Vets at their hearings. If I had been denied at the BVA, I certainly would give consideration to paying 20% Retro for a Pro, a VA Accredited Appeals Attorney. There is a Pro Bono Legal group for VA Claims, but they don't automatically represent without being contacted by the Vet. I have never heard of DAV offering free attorney representation. Did you call your VSO?

I was trying to get a grip in your Claims situation, couldn't find any or your previous posts. Directns please.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I have been 40% for my back since 2009. I had originally filed in 2008. Approximately a year earlier than the VA gave me. I appealed to the BVA for an earlier effective date, and on Sept 8th of this year they denied the earlier effective date. The DAV was my POA and I didn't call or talk to anyone about fighting this decision.

I'll post a picture of the letter in a minute. As soon as I figure out how to on here.

Hadit member PR (Philip Rogers) used this firm and expressed his satisfaction in a 2011 Hadit post.

Contact PR and get his opinion.