VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got A Notice From The Dav, Says I Go To Cavc Court

Rate this question

rdnkjeeper

Question

I did search but didn't find anything. This is the first I have heard of this. Is it legit? The letter says that an attorney will represent me free of charge. Like I said I have never heard of this before. Anyone have any experience?

The attorney said that the BVA just denied my claim and didn't do what they were required to do.

That is scary - that the BVA just denied someone's claim but didn't know what they were supposed to do...

• HadIt.com Elder

Update:

I got home yesterday and there was a message on my machine from the attorney. Called them back today. They had a pre brief meeting and the VA attorney has agreed to vacate the decision. They are working together to draw up the paperwork to bring to the court and my case is going to end back up at the BVA, probably in the next 45 days or so. The attorney said that the BVA just denied my claim and didn't do what they were required to do. That they are supposed to consider extra schedular when they are reviewing appeals. So what it ends up meaning in the end, I don't know yet. Hopefully it will come out in my favor, but I am not really clear how extra schedular works. I only read the definition and the attorney explained it to me, but no clue what the VA is going to do.

Thanks everyone

you need this in writing...phone calls won't help? about the ''BVA just denied your claim and didn't know what they were required to do'' you may have CUE CLAIM!

jmo

............Buck!