VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retiring Soon... Did I Do Enough?

Rate this question

McD

Question

Hello all, I'm a brand new user to this board (just found it today), and I had a few questions. I have been ADAF since Nov 88 and will have 26 years of Service by the time I retire this Dec. I've been in contact with an American Legion VSO that has been assiting me, however I know there's prob something I'm missing and turned here to hopefully get more information.

I have been diagnosed (and in my SMR's) with the following:

PTSD (Axis I)

Major Depression Disorder (Axis I)

Chronic Allergic Rhinitis

Sinusitis (not sure if the two are considered the same/one better than the other, etc)

Sleep Apnea (w/CPAP)

Arthritic Knee

Chronic Conjunctivitis/BLEPHARITIS/Dry eye

Chronic Fatigue

Scars/disfigurement (Not sure if this is ratable)

Upper back issues

Lower back issues/LUMBAGO

Deviated septum (w/2 septioplasties while in service). One nasal passage is still almost completely blocked.0

Limited range of motion in Left shoulder due to vehicular accident (surgery to repair broken clavicle w/metal plate installed)

Direct Inguinal Hernias (X2) Both while deployed due to FOB hopping with loads of gear (although I doubt I'll recieve any compensation for this)

I have a few other issues as well, but again I don't think they'll be rated (who know's though?)

I also have DBQ's filled out for (PTSD, MDD, Chronic Allergic Rhinitis/Sinusitis, Sleep Apnea, Chronic Conjunctivitis/BLEPHARITIS/Dry eye, Chronic Fatigue, Scars/disfigurement. I have them for my back too, but they're range of motion details and I'm sure I'll have to see a VA Doc for that.

All of this will be turned into the VSO to help me with my FDC, and that will be turned in prior to my retirement... Did I do enough? Is there more I need to have as far as documented diagnoses and/or medical support? Any additional forms or advice you can pass on so I can be better prepared?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

McD

Wow! It sounds like you've got way more documentation and medical evidence than most people. Good job!

I just want to repeat georgiapapa's advice of getting a complete copy of your service medical records.