VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming Exam For Ssdi

Rate this question

asheth007

Question

I have a musculoskeletal exam coming up on the 29th for my SSDI claim. I am currently at the 2nd phase of reconsideration so I am guessing this is good news? They didn't call me in the first time so will be interesting. My condition is polymyositis/inflammatory myopathy, oesteoarthitis, and DDD.

Well just finished my SSDI exam was somewhat brief 30 minutes. Doctor was retired navy. Not sure how it went honestly took my host of medications and my walker. No lumbar tests seemed to be kind of standard doctor stuff you would normally do. He said they had a lot of medical records on me I didn't know the examiners get to see medical records. Now the waiting process.

Were these private provider medical records or VAMC ?

If they were from the VAMC - did VBA SC the "polymyositis/inflammatory myopathy, oesteoarthitis, and DDD" ?

If so, those records most likely have your ROM measurements in them and hopefully they are current records.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho

Were these private provider medical records or VAMC ?

If they were from the VAMC - did VBA SC the "polymyositis/inflammatory myopathy, oesteoarthitis, and DDD" ?

If so, those records most likely have your ROM measurements in them and hopefully they are current records.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho

They had to be from VAMC. Most likely my service records I have only been out of active duty 4 months now. Those are the records I submitted to SSA dating back from 2012 when I was initially diagnosed with the polymyositis/inflammatory myopathy. I have only been to a private provider 2 times since I was discharged so I doubt he has those, as they aren't anything important besides pneumonia.

That does make sense that you mention it because according to the SSA.Gov they look at pelvic and limb-girldle when looking at polymyositis. The only test I remotely did that would show my pelvic weakness was bend over, but I can't get back up once I bend over.

It was a real small practice like 1 hour away with a long lane, and a farm. Husband and wife they seemed real nice, I was nervous going in there.

Edited by asheth007

They had to be from VAMC. Most likely my service records I have only been out of active duty 4 months now. Those are the records I submitted to SSA dating back from 2012 when I was initially diagnosed with the polymyositis/inflammatory myopathy. I have only been to a private provider 2 times since I was discharged so I doubt he has those, as they aren't anything important besides pneumonia.

That does make sense that you mention it because according to the SSA.Gov they look at pelvic and limb-girldle when looking at polymyositis. The only test I remotely did that would show my pelvic weakness was bend over, but I can't get back up once I bend over.

It was a real small practice like 1 hour away with a long lane, and a farm. Husband and wife they seemed real nice, I was nervous going in there.

WOW - your so fresh out of service, which I feel is good - hopefully everything goes smooth for you.

jmho

• HadIt.com Elder

If you use a cane or walker or any device to help you walk be sure to use it immediately when you get out of the car. When you leave the office be sure you are using it until you leave the parking lot. I would try and get someone to take me to the exam. SSDI exam is to determine if there is any work you can do to support yourself even if that is a greeter at Walmart.