VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Status Is Confusing

Rate this question

jeffperry1134

Question

I go into e-benefits and under explanation of appeal status it says "no information". Me and my POA turned in the paperwork to appeal to BVA in 2009 and I call the BVA line and they still do not have it and when I called the RO office this week 6 times I was hung up on after going through the phone automated hoopla and told to call in the evening and schedule a time to be called. I did that and no one called. I am thinking of changing POA's to either American Legion or DAV. Should I wait to investigate until I am in the hospital because I plan to go into inpatient during thanksgiving break to change my meds because they are not working.

Go to the main VA web site (www.va.gov) then to the Contact Us thing,to the right of the main page , and then click on it and then on Ask a Question and click on that. It will take you to IRIS.

If you dont get a response from IRIS that makes sense, file another IRIS as a complaint ( the complaint form is in a pop down box there,)

Always ask for a snail mail or email IRIS response.

Something definitely seems wrong here and you should have had a docket number and letter from BVA by now, if you filed the appeal in 2009.

These things concern me. I dont think any vet should rely on a POA to file the I-9 without double checking that the POA did file it.

Dont know if that is the case here.

When the state of NY asked me to help with a few claims (they USED to be my POA)

one claim the boss gave me was because he Forgot to file the i-9 for the vet and he though I could perform a miracle. yeah right

He had to tell the vet ,the appeal deadline had passed and they filed a new claim.

The claim was awful. The rep insisted Personality disorder was a valid SC disability.....

he didnt believe me when I said it wasnt and that claim was promptly denied.

He also made me interview the vet to see if I thiought they could award for PTSD but believe me, I couldnt perform that miracle either...

More ridiculous stuff happened but finally the VA made an award and the rep called him up to say he just won 100% SC and the rep called me too and I could hardly believe it and I drove right over to the reps office to read the award myself but had to explain to the rep , that it wasnt 100% SC, it was a NSC pension award.

By this time I realized the same rep was probably buggering my claim up.......that proved to be correct.

You have the right to double check what a rep says they will do for you. Sometimes they don't do it.

Many reps are wonderful but many of them dont seem to have a single ----ing clue.

Edited by Berta

Thank you guys so much. It looks like the I-9 form was processed in 2010 but nothing after that. It says something like that when I click on it but nothing else. I may try my POA again one last time and see what she can find out. I also will visit the benefits rep who visits the hospital on Wednesdays and see if he can find out anything. I was hoping to get this cleared up so I can file a new claim for other stuff. My POA said it was best to wait until the appeal has taken its course.

An update: I went to the VA Hospital and met a benefits rep who looked up my appeal and someone is working on it as of 05/2014. He told me I should be hearing something soon. He said if I do not hear something by Thanksgiving to give him a call and he will get into the process. I was glad he said that because it looks like I will be there that week inpatient getting a med change. I don't want to miss school or I'd be in there now. :smile:

I decided not to wait until after Thanksgiving, this is getting ridiculous. I called my POA Friday and am going to call again Monday and she if she can put pressure on them.