VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Status Is Confusing

Rate this question

jeffperry1134

Question

I go into e-benefits and under explanation of appeal status it says "no information". Me and my POA turned in the paperwork to appeal to BVA in 2009 and I call the BVA line and they still do not have it and when I called the RO office this week 6 times I was hung up on after going through the phone automated hoopla and told to call in the evening and schedule a time to be called. I did that and no one called. I am thinking of changing POA's to either American Legion or DAV. Should I wait to investigate until I am in the hospital because I plan to go into inpatient during thanksgiving break to change my meds because they are not working.

I have a claim that was remanded by BVA for further action. I was given new C&P exam on 09/12/2014. I was informed by my VSO that i got a favorable opinion and as of october 2 2014 was told by my VSO what my rating was but it had not been offically signed yet. It is my understanding it is still at the appeals management center being promulgated whatever that means. Does anyone know how long this process takes? as of today 01/05/2015 still no word except that my rep says suspense date for completion is 1/3/2015. Again my rep says it is awaiting to be signed for it to be finalized.

Are you hooked into ebenefits?

That might provide you with some further info ....then again maybe not...it is a waiting game for everything these days.

Based on what the VSO said it sounds like they are going to make an award.

If you have direct deposit and you gave VA your Bank info, the retro cash might arrive in your bank account before you even get the award letter.

yes i can acess ebenefits but nothing has been updated. All information comes from what ever my rep is able to acess not me. I hear so much on here about claims taking years when they land at the AMC. That said my understading is it is being promulagted and waiting for signature. Also when they are finished at the AMC does it go back to the BVA ? thanks.