VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

12 Months To-The-Day, 30% On Original/initial Claim

Rate this topic

K_C

On the one-year anniversary of submitting my first claim, I was granted SC for R Knee Pain, Vertigo w/o Staggering, and Tinnitus. Combined rating: 30%

I'm very content and grateful for the initial decision. Considering the wildcard nature of the VBA, I think I made it through the gauntlet alright for my first go round. There's some parts I agree with, but more that I don't.

I did want to mention that my primary C&P examination report had very clear errors in it. My reaction was to file a complaint with the Patient Advocacy office with a list of inaccuracies. This strategy worked very well, and I believe it is the only reason I received the vertigo rating and possibly the right knee rating. For any of you who have had bad experiences with a C&P report not reflecting what actually took place, I wholeheartedly suggest considering a similar course of action. It helped clear up some of the mistakes in the report.

At the moment, I'm writing a request for reconsideration based on new/overlooked evidence to the VARO. I will give them a few months to respond before filing any NOD. Hopefully they can just remedy things right there at the VARO.

Good luck to all.

Cheers!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did Very well...and by all means since you have evidence they have not seen yet, file for the Reconsideration

but as you know, that does not stop the NOD clock.

I hate to suggest this sometimes, when retro comes..but it pays to save some of it ,in case you ever need an IMO.

But enjoy this victory too!

Thanks, all.

Berta: Indeed, very good advice. I have been researching IMO providers and plan on engaging their services. No idea how much it costs, but saving for it certainly makes sense.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you afre happy kudos. The VA has a strong tendancy to lowball claims. I got 30% in less than a year and 100% on same claim 5 and 1/2 years later

They could have been much more fair and rated according to the evidence, but they also could have low-balled even more. With the two possibilities in mind, I'm definitely happy and counting my blessing that I landed somewhere in the middle. I can relax a little with the financials and have more of a rational, calm mind with my approach into the appeals processes.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use