VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

12 Months To-The-Day, 30% On Original/initial Claim

Rate this topic

K_C

Thanks all for the kind words.

rootbeer: I feel the same way, and was told basically the same thing you were. I specifically wrote in my complaint to the Patient Advocacy office (regarding the C&P report errors) that the C&P is one of the most critical pieces of evidence in a veteran's claim. Any misrepresentation of fact, downplaying, or innocent mistake in the report, or even coerced/forced painful movement will almost definitely have a correlative impact upon the rater's decision. How could it not? I can barely comprehend how anyone could be so bold or naive to assert otherwise. My decision letter essentially mirrors, and even sometimes has copied text from, the C&P reports. Maybe not all raters go straight to the C&P, but most of them probably do--it's logical.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

K_C I truly dislike it when they say things like, "We'll sort it out, don't worry." I'm glad you wrote to the Patient Advocate and like we talked about the next C and P you should go down your list with them one by one so they have to note, don't depend on them to read what you hand them.

Tbird, definitely... I went into the C&P with a written letter for the doctor summarizing the evidence I had and he accepted it. But next time... I'm going to make a very assertive request that we go over the main points of the medical evidence I have and it all be noted. I didn't feel like I was in a position to make any demands there...just go with the flow and hope they go in my favor. That was my thinking. Should have just stood up for myself in the exam, rather than after it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use