VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Few Vgli Questions

Rate this question

Nathan104

Question

I did a search but couldnt find exactly what I need.

I JUST found out about VGLI. It says that they send forms in order for you to transition from SGLI to VGLI, this is a LIE. I never got anything from them. If I had, I would have signed up within the 120 day window to switch no questions asked. Fortunately, Im still within the one year window but I now have to send in the proof of good health and answer the health questionaire about my conditions and VA ratings.

Does anyone know how easily they reject people? Im rated at 50%, with 20% being for hypertension, had two sugeries in the last year (knee,lumbar spine), have several other rated conditions including insomnia, IBS, acid reflux,back,knee,etc. Im afraid I will be rejected. Is there any way to tell them I was not notified like I was supposed to have been or does that just not matter?

Also, a small question about the sign up form itself.

One of the questions is

"If you have not been able to work since leaving the service, is this due to disability incurred while in the service?" I put yes.

Then it asks,

"Military Disability Rating ________ (NOT your VA compensation rating)

Ok, Im just trying to understand the above. I am rated at 50% by the VA. I was rated at 10% by the Army when they discharged me due to disability. This confuses me because it doesnt say (NOT your VA DISABILITY rating), it says compensation rating. So, what the heck should I put here? 10% or 50%?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Have you tried the VA web site?

http://www.insurance.va.gov/sgliSite/VGLI/VGLI.htm#convert

Also dont hesitate to go to the Inquery page and under insurance, ask them any question you dont understand.