VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Experiences With Request For Reconsideration @ Varo Level

Rate this question

K_C

Question

Hi All,

I recently received my decision letter and, although I'm grateful for the decent rating, there's more clear error than there is accuracy and reasonable decision making. There's evidence missing from the evidence list, evidence with incorrect date ranges, and failure to tie some of the decisions to the actual evidence in the decision reasoning given. Additionally, there was error in the C&P exam that went unresolved but and addendum was filed by the C&P examiner for me in my favor after a complaint was filed with the VAMC. I have some new-to-the-VA evidence, apparently overlooked evidence, and what I would call some CUEs.

Where they've granted me service connection, even if it was low-belled, I'm making no request for reconsideration. What I am requesting reconsideration for are the non-SC'd decisions, except where there is no currently rateable level of disability. I've essentially finished the letter and am in the process of obtaining the medical evidence directly from physicians so I can submit it with the package.

My question is to those who have experienced or have something to say about using this method. Are there pitfalls? Is this going to have any negative impact or delay upon a bonafide appeal, should it come down to that, if they haven't yet responded to the request for reconsideration at the VARO? My reasoning for requesting the reconsideration rather than jumping right into appeal is that it might save me time, it's another layer of potential re-decision in my favor, and it might happen quickly--I have no idea how they handle this sort of request, and, finally, it gives me time to establish more medical evidence with my physicians and obtain IME nexus and letters.

All thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you.

KC

EED stands for "Earliest Effectve Date."

• HadIt.com Elder

K_C

I Commend you on your ''precise presentation I believe you will have your claim decided in your favor! and no reason for appeal.

Thank you for your service.