VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed 60%

Rate this topic

USMC3024

My claim closed today, I was granted 60%. I have not received the VA envelope as of yet, but I would assume it was 50% PTSD and 10% for Tinnitus. I put an additional claim for burn pit exposure from when I was in Iraq, as I have had cancer twice and I’m in my earlier 30’s, but from what I understand that will not be approved. I put in for my claim in June of this year after going to the VA on my wife’s suggestion due to anger/sleeping issues. My C&P exams were earlier this month, they were outsourced to VES examiners. I’m shocked at how quickly my process went, I have gone to all of my scheduled VA appt’s and exams. But I still did not think that my claim’s would be completed within 5 months. I was concerned with the VA acknowledging I had PTSD, as my wife finally got fed up with me and gave me an ultimatum to either get help or she was going to leave. It is a relief that now I will have my treatment covered. It is nice to have a little extra jingle in my pocket as I’m not doing that great at work due to my ability to get along with coworkers and supervisors. I’m wondering when I should receive my retro payments from July 1st till now? Regardless, I appreciate this website tremendously, I will be making a donation as I could always login and view other veterans struggle and joy when a claim was completed. The stories I viewed on here helped me through this process more than I can explain, Thank you to all.

Congrats to you! Keep fighting brother. Your brothers and sisters here all support you and truly understand your pain. One day at a time, you will prevail......

I appreciate it brother, I hope others will have their claim's completed in a timely matter, any idea on the retro, when it usually posts?

If it's already showing on Ebenefits, I'd say within a month if you're already set-up on direct deposit. I received mine before I got the "big brown envelope". Once it showed up on Ebenefits, I had it within two weeks......

Edited by ncjoe1970

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use