VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed 60%

Rate this topic

USMC3024

Congratulations!

I agree with Gastone. If your issues were so bad that your wife was ready to move out, it's possible that you should be rated higher. Right now just relax and enjoy the good feelings! But in a few months maybe file a request for increase on E benefits. If you could get a bump to 70% then you could qualify for TDIU If things get too difficult working down the road.

The best part of all this is now you can get treatment and have a better life!

• 4 weeks later...

Navy4life:

Good News for you...I'm going over 5 months now and my clain it's still in "Review". What's the timeline for your claim....I also submitted many contentions as you but have not been as lucky in terms of my own timeline? For the first claim, I should have put in no more than 7-9 contentions but the VSO said it was best to put them all in at once - so I did under the FDC? So far, that strategy is not working for me? But who knows, maybe someday I'll check "ebenefits" and maybe I'll get some movement? However, that said, it is encouraging to see that you recieved timely help...

rootbeer22

Thank you! I actually went complete on 11/14/14 and received my BBE and retro this week. I was raised to 60% total. I did not do an FDC claim but rather the traditional claim process. From May 2013 to November 2014 was my total processing time with the exception of s/c in June for 40% - all in all I had a pretty good processing time. I do have an NOD in as we speak requesting a DRO for some contentions I felt should have been s/c....

Take Care

It is GREAT! and try to keep the burn pit claim going....as one never knows how that will turn out.

Congrats Devil dog. You know if you were to change the date on your post to 2009, I would have thought that I posted this. I had identical claims and reasons to get help.

We share the same reason I started getting help. A good woman (or man, depending on who is reading this.) can make a world of difference in the coping process. Without my wife to push me, while learning how to put up with my antics, I know that I would not be alive today.

Here a just a few things I wish someone told me when I started my claims:

-if you feel like you were lowballed, find proof and NOD that sucka!

-don't put all of your trust in your rep if you have one. No one will take care of you like you will, except that wife of yours.

-whenever possible, ask your wife to attend your appointments. Most docs will encourage it, some won't.

-find what makes you laugh. And keep whatever that is, close by. Super troopers on my phone has saved countless days for us. Then find out what makes her laugh and do your best to make sure she laughs with you.

-NEVER, NEVER take anything she does for you for granted. As much as we are in a healing process, she's fighting right there with us. Say thank you and I'm sorry when it applies.... And sometimes when it doesn't, that helps too.

-lastly, don't feel guilty. I struggled with this forever and still do. Sometimes I read on here and see other vets at my VAMC, and think "what the hell am I complaining about?", it's going to be hard, but you gotta let go of that Marine Corps mentality. Even people like us need help. Get it, you deserve it and your wife deserves to love and be loved by the man she married. It may not ever be the same as it was, but believe me when I tell you, 12 years down the road she will still be there pushing your buttons. Except you will know that when you're at your worst she will be at her best and it's going to go both ways.

If you ever need anything, I feel like your going down the same road I'm on, give me a holler here. And just as importantly, if your wife ever needs someone who knows what she's going through, I can get her my wife's contact info.

Stay strong and keep fighting.

Semper Fidelis Marine.

-Mario

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use