VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Examination By Medical Center

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I have stood firm that the Va Psychiatrist changed my military and private medical records of 42 years. There is absolutely no truth in anything that she says and my medical records clearly shows this.

I typed a rebuttal and sent one to the medical facility and one to the R.O or DRO and ask for a new C&P due to the changing of my medical records.

I received my answer, when I received a denial for benefits. We note your displeasure with the findings of that examination. However the fact that a claimant may disagree with the findings on a Va Examination does not mean that the examination report is erroneous or otherwise inadequate for rating purposes.

That a veteran may have been treated for a particular condition while on active duty, does not mean that the condition will automatically be considered service - connected. In order to establish service conection, there must be evidence of a Chronic Disability or Disease directly linked to Military Service.

Why does the illness have to be Chronic for service - connection?

My anxiety took many years to be considered Chronic?

Dr. C. prescribed Librium and Caffergot for nerves and headaches and arranged the two consulations with the listed below Psychiatrist in Military He has written a letter, last year to clarify his military records of me.

In service Dr. J Psychiatrist states staff member in consultation today for mild nervousness, headaches and irratability.

My second consultation with Dr. M. Board Certified Psychiatrist, states primary medical condition same.

I already know that the R.O doesn't care, if you prove to them that your records have been changed.

Does the BVA and The Appeals Management Center really check this out when you constantly bring this to their attention.

If the lady shrink had followed by what was typed in my military and civilian records, she could have not have came up with the opinion that she did.

Nothing bothered her in service!

Does Va. Regulations, allow a Va Doctor to change your Military and Private medical records?

Will the Appeals Management Center check this out. if you keep bringing it to their attention.

This is what the remand states to do:

After the above development has been

completed, the veteran's claims file

should returned to the board of VA

psychiatrists who participated in the

April 2005 examination for clarification

of the provided opinion. They should be

requested to review the record and

reconcile their opinion as to etiology in

light of the evidence added since their

examination of the veteran, including the

May 2005 statement of Dr. B C.

C and the January 2006 statement of

Dr. P.

If neither of these examiners is

available, the RO should consider whether

the veteran should be scheduled for an

additional examination by a board of two

VA psychiatrists for an opinion as to

whether there is at least a 50 percent

probability or greater that an acquired

psychiatric disorder was incurred in or

aggravated by active service. All

indicated tests and studies are to be

performed. Prior to the examination, the

claims folder must be made available for

review of the case. A notation to the

effect that this record review took place

should be included in the report.

Opinions should be provided based on the

results of examination, a review of the

medical evidence of record, and sound

medical principles. All examination

findings, along with the complete

rationale for all opinions expressed,

should be set forth in the examination

report.

Does anyone know the rules and regulations governing these C&P's?

Thanks for I value your opinion. I know that an IMO would be ideal, but no luck finding one to take on a case of 42 years.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
This isn't an answer to your question, but I am wondering if you have filed a claim for the headaches that you had in service?

BoonDoc,

Yes, I have but no one will acknowledge it.

When I filed my first claim in 1978, I filed for anxiety, depression, headaches.

2002 - I filed for anxiety, depression and headaches.

My answer was a pension in 2004 - you are 100% disabled back to 1983 due to anxiety, depression, headaches, rheumatic heart disease, high blood pressure, inner ear Vestibular disease, diabetic, isk stroke. and hypothyroid.

That is when I wrote to the Archives in St. Louis and they sent to me all of my psychiatric records and the letter from the commanding officer, explaining my early discharge by unsuitability.

I turned this in to the DRO, in 2004, and filed and appeal for service connection for the anxiety, depression and headaches.

I received a statement of the case in 2004 - which stated you may be denied for ---- due to the possibly of a personality disorder.

With the Statement of the Case, The DRO Stated, this is not my final decision, we are sending you for a C&P for Acquired CHRONIC Psychiatric disorder. NO MENTION OF HEADACHES!!

The Dro also sent me a Form 9 to fill out within 60 days, so I had to feel it out before I had the C&P.

Va Medical Center C&P with a Diagnosis of Anxiety not otherwise specific with depression, although he mentions my headaches in his write up. More likely than not her anxiety and depression a result of service due to my taking the same meds in 1967 and my discharge in 1964.

I was transferred to another R.O and I ask them about the headaches, I even sent them a copy of the NoD.

Second C&P For Chronic Acquired Psychiatric Disorder. Nothing bothered her in service.

AGAIN NO MENTION OF HEADACHES.

Case went to the BVA and again I mentioned and sent them a copy of the Nod which states Anxiety, depression and headaches.

My case at the BVA is for an Acquired Psychiatric Disorder with anxiety and depression.

NO MENTION OF HEADACHES!

Remanded to Appeals Management Center- I wrote them a letter about the Nod for Headaches.

They said they were working on it.

Now to answer your question, I have filed for headaches since 1978 and no one will recognize that I am filing for it.

Both C&P elaborate on my headaches, but that is it.

Thanks and sorry for the long answer,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Josephine, although we personally have had more luck at the AMC, I would encourage you to remember that the VARO, the Board of Veterans Appeals and the AMC are all part of the VA system.

You may need to prepare yourself for your claim having to go outside the VA system, to the judicial system, at the Court of Veterans Appeals, to have it objectively reviewed. Of course, a win at the Court level means your claim would be remanded back to the Board. But, at least at the Court level, you can engage the services of an attorney to represent you in your appeal.

It may take that to succeed with your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vicki,

Yes, I realize that they are all one large group and they may be nicer at the management center, but I am prepared to take this case to the next level.

I am sure that they are aware of this.

I have been told to wait and see if the management center gives me another examination and if this doesn't work and I receive another denial. I will be contacting the Health Professions and turning Dr. L in for committing fraud with the intent to deceive by changing all of my military and private medical records.

When you have something in writing , then there is no denying that it happened.

Had she used my medical records as they were written, she could have never came up with the decision that she did. It is not plausible and it is all lies.

I have a trunk full of papers and have contacted a lawyer to represent me if this happens.

I know that these strange things keep happening because my claim is open to 1978.

Thanks a bunch!!

Josephine

"Thanks for I value your opinion. I know that an IMO would be ideal, but no luck finding one to take on a case of 42 years. "

Josephine -a good psychiatrist who renders medical opinions would certainly review your case and opine on it-

These Vietnam vets and WW II vets have decades between their service and their claims, sometimes.

We had a widow member here whose husband served during WWII and developed syphilis.He died and only through obtaining two independent medical opinions did she finally prove his death was service connected.

The VA itself is opining -in your situation-on 42 years -so an independent medical opinion would be doing the same thing.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

I have made many postings about getting out of the RO system. This is an example of how the VA gets the vet to spin there wheels for years at there level. An IMO introduced at the BVA level on appeal is a good idea. I would not even let the RO have a crack at denyiing your claim with the new IMO. BVA can see that new evidence and rule accordingly.

Terry Higgins