VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Panic Attack/another Hospitilization

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

wednesday I had another panic attack which lead to severe chest pains and 3 days in the hospital.

Just like the last time (hospitalized two weeks ago) I asked to speak to someone in mental health and ended up speaking to a xxxxxxx social worker who acted like I was a xxxxxxx bother to her.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

FLHRCI,

John 999 is correct. Those are the magic words. Try it and you will be surprised, just how fast, you will get some real help!

You need the help anyway! Those panic attacks are no Picnic!

Josephine

Just tell them you want to kill yourself and they have to keep you and you get to talk to a real psychiatrist.

I TOLD THEM IF I DIDNT GET HELP I WAS GOING TO KILL MYSELF AND I WAS TIRED OF LIVING LIKE THIS.............I WAS RELEASED LAST NIGHT

I TRULEY UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE GO POSTAL..................WITH MY BACKGROUND GOD HELP EM IF I GET TO THAT POINT

I TOLD THEM IF I DIDNT GET HELP I WAS GOING TO KILL MYSELF AND I WAS TIRED OF LIVING LIKE THIS.............I WAS RELEASED LAST NIGHT

I TRULEY UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE GO POSTAL..................WITH MY BACKGROUND GOD HELP EM IF I GET TO THAT POINT

Was this a VA hospital or a private hospital?

I was hospitalised one time from the VA emergency room...

Boondoc

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

You dont have to hurt yourself or others to get your help. Chances are if you do you will end up in jail where they will by law have to treat you. You can take away any stigma that hurting others has and surrender directly to a jury trial in progress by telling them your a vet, your life and others are in danger and you need to be arrested to get proper medical care in the jail. Boy would that leave the VA with some explaining to do if vet across the country were to get treatment this way.

The VA retaliated against me when my atty applied for back pay by changing my direct deposit bank account # and looseing my check. I had 4 days to be eveicted from my home. I warned my congressman and VA officals if I lost my home or the lights were shut off. I would surrender to a jury trial in progress. 4 days latter the VA check was in my mail box. The VA is reallly affraid of a vet being in court due to there negligence and corrupton.

Terry Higgins

Dear FLHRCI

Please see if the VAMC has a walkin Behavor Science unit, { should be Mental Health] Go there and tell them you need to see the DR right away and tell them what you just wrote.

My son went there in August bypassing his PCP. He was admitted within a couple hours [ Of course this is a lockdown unit] He had to talk to a couple of DR's before he was admitted, But he got the help he needed.

Good Luck Veteran!! Hang in there!!

Jessie