VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Telehealth Scheduling System To Improve Access To Care

Rate this topic

Now , lets see if they use it .

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 23, 2014

VA Demonstrates New Telehealth Scheduling System to Veteran Service Organizations

New software system intended to improve Veterans Access to Care

WASHINGTON Representatives from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) met today with Veteran Service Organizations (VSO) at the Washington VA Medical Center for a hands-on demonstration and discussion about VAs telehealth programs and services.

The hands-on demonstration included a presentation of VAs new Clinical Video Telehealth scheduling software which launched last month and is intended to improve how VA employees schedule telehealth appointments.

As we launch new programs and services, it is important to include our VSO partners, said VA Secretary Robert A. McDonald. Todays demonstration is an important part of our collaborative process. We welcome our VSOs feedback. Like us, their goal is to ensure Veterans have the access to the quality care and services they have earned.

Telehealth rapidly is becoming a popular option, particularly for Veterans who do not have a VA health care facility close to home. In fiscal year 2014, VAs national telehealth programs served over 690,000 Veterans and accounted for more than 2 million virtual visits.

For more information about VAs telehealth program, visit www.telehealth.va.gov/.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been using it for a while I got a letter telling me they were going to use it for my mental health visits. I showed the ketter to my doctor and he got upset, went to his boss and they overrode the letter. Point is make sure you discuss it with your doctor and let them know if you are uncomfortable with it. I didn't think the time was right neither did my doctor.

When I came back to the VA last year, They were testing me for all kinds of things on the medical side, while on the mental side I started out with a counselor that was an intern, for 2 weeks, the following week her boss took of my case. That lasted another 2 weeks, then his boss took my case. 3 weeks later I was scheduled for Telehealth appointment with the MH Manager for South Texas Region, who was actually in San Antonio while I'm down in the Rio Grand Valley. Not sure of a specific rule about mentioning names here, but this lady was absolutely the most helpful person I believe I have ever spoken to. After my initial meeting with her, tele or not, I felt much better. I actually felt "well" on the way home. I saw her for about a month via Telehealth making real progress. I have very strong regrets that important issues took me out of state for a few months and when I came back, as she had mentioned it being possible, she had moved to another region. Where ever she was assigned, I am truly envious, and happy for, the veterans now in her care. A few of the jobs I have had, in the recent past, may have helped prepare me more than others for the usefulness of "Telehealth". It may have been very helpful that she was very good at what she was doing.

After re-reading this I may sound like I'm a bit enamored with the Doc, but she helped a lot, so I'm not changing a word.

• In Memoriam

it is important to include our VSO partners, said VA Secretary Robert A. McDonald

Mayabe these VSO partners have been going to medical school on all their spare time with pay.

Myabe these VSO partners are Computor experts. What a bunch of crap they are using to help employees present them selves in a better light.

I always knew that the VSO's were just a small branch of the VA.

I might sound sceptical but, I have seen so much VA BS in my years of dealing with the VA, I know that Dog and Pony shows are cheap.