VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suscess Story

Rate this topic

Hollis

Hollis,

The Champva Meds by Mail for our region is in Dublin, Georgia and you can call them at 1-866-229-7389 and get answers to your questions regarding Meds by Mail.

It is my understanding that you can not use Meds by Mail if you have other insurance with prescription coverage including Medicare part D. If you find out Meds by Mail would provide the name brand drugs for your wife with her doctor's authorization, she could actually cancel her Medicare Part D coverage at the appropriate time and be eligible for Meds by Mail. There is no copays for Meds by Mail. However, there is a one time $50.00 annual deductible for Champva health coverage for your wife. Medicare part D is not required by Champva but Medicare part B is required.

If you find out the drugs your wife requires is not avaiable through Meds by Mail, you can use your local pharmacy and unlike Meds by Mail you would have a small copay with Champva Catamaran local pharmacy coverage.

My wife and my mother both use Champva and the insurance is outstanding. In fact, my mother cancelled her Medicare part D and went back to original Medicare and she uses Champva Meds by Mail for her regular prescriptions.

I wish you luck.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use