VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recommendations For Help With A Low Back Problem

Rate this question

Burt

Question

I have noticed most of the site is geared towards helping people file and maintain claims etc and is a wealth of info for that!!! the problem i am having is my back is in rough shape and after getting xrays to find out how bad it was for a comp and pen i now know how bad it is.... i wrote to my doctor via secure messaging and was informed that the ortho i see for other problems does not do backs... but they may be able to tell me where i can get help... i dont do pain pills and im not going to start, other guys i served with that have problems smoke pot for their pain... i refuse to smoke pot for any reason i actually want somone to help me fix the problem. one of the med centers within my driving distance offers chiropractor services, how do i get set up with that? i had a tens unit i got off ebay but it quit and i cant afford another one who can i talk to about getting some help? i feel like as soon as you say back pain they think you want drugs and nobody wants to deal with you anymore. any advice?

they sent me for pt but after 12 weeks they discontinued that treatment as it was not improving the condition and it was making the knee condition worse :(

• HadIt.com Elder

VA is tough to get to are orthopedic doc I have been trying for over 2 years. Really have to have your primary doc backing you.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Vync,

who do i talk to about getting a tens and icepacks like that? please dont say my pcp she truly is useless... when i got set up i had knee, back, hip, vision, hearing, chest wheezing and some skin problems. she did bloodwork and i got the results with a letter basically saying SEE YA NEXT YEAR!! the only way i got referals for any of this is because the comp and pen examiner ordered xrays and stuff!

Burt,

I got mine from my VA PCP. Because you have a useless PCP, I recommend talking to the facility patient representative and ask to get switched to a different PCP.

who do i talk to about getting a tens and icepacks like that? please dont say my pcp she truly is useless...

The people in physical therapy gave me mine.

Take a look at DeFranco's agile series of stretches to help with your lower back and mobility. http://youtu.be/FSSDLDhbacc?list=FLKjIOlZEx_ZWcWlE6zbccfQ