VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Odd Timeline - Then A Restart

Rate this question

JCOAGCPT

Question

First off, my claim has progressed swiftly, so I don't want this to sound like a complaining post while I know others have it way worse off!

Here's my timeline:

Claim Received - 4/24/2014

Under Review - 6/27/2014

Gathering of Evidence - 9/16/2014

Review of Evidence - 9/16/2014

Prep for Decision - 9/16/2014

Pending Decision Approval - 9/30/2014

Prep for Notification - RETURN TO "Pending Decision Approval" - 10/28/2014

So - Evidence was totally submitted on 9/16, and went straight to Pending Decision Approval. It spent two weeks there before going to Pending Decision approval, where it sat for 4 weeks. Then today, it went back to "Pending Decision Approval" with the note, "Change of Status: We determined that your claim needed additional review. If additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from us explaining what is needed."

It's estimating the phase completion date to be 11/2-12/2014.

I'm trying not to speculate, but does anyone have any idea why it would rush through Review and prep for decision so fast? And more importantly, why would it get turned back at Preparation for Notification??

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

UPDATE!

So Friday, 10/31, I had partial approval.

I had a couple things complete to get me rated at 50% - which I don't really understand, because I have several 60% factors, that's another fight for another day though! - but I had two things go back to Review of Evidence.

The two things were pretty small, residuals of pneumonia and chronic cough. However the rest of this turns out, I'm now officially a disabled veteran!

• HadIt.com Elder

Most here have had the door opened by becoming rated and a while to get full ratings. Ne happy that you no longer need to prove anything except how you should be rated now.

First I was not rated than 30% and later 50% than 70% and finally 100% and later SMC A&A. Nothing was easy but it took work and the help of many others.

Thank you for your Service

Most here have had the door opened by becoming rated and a while to get full ratings. Ne happy that you no longer need to prove anything except how you should be rated now.

First I was not rated than 30% and later 50% than 70% and finally 100% and later SMC A&A. Nothing was easy but it took work and the help of many others.

Thank you for your Service

Thanks for your support and your service as well!