VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Short Of Breath

Rate this question

kilpelaj

Question

Had X rays done, they show hyperinflation with flattening of the diaphragms, heart is normal, pulmonary vessels unremarkable, clear lungs, interstitial markings are slightly prominent, no gross pleural reaction seen, early changes are detected in the lower dorsal segment.

PCP, says lungs are only slightly hyper inflated, possible obstructive pulmonary condition.

Pulmonary function test comes back that my lungs are fine.

Iraq, carpenter/mason, balad, Abbu ghraib, biop

Afghanistan, route clerance, Khost and surrounding.

Has any one else delt with this, what would you recamend from here?

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

One of my friends was having shortness of breath and he turned out to have a problem with a valve in his heart. Perhaps you should get your doctor to order an echocardiogram on your heart.

Been going through this for a few years now. I have had all the stress test, cardio test, lung test and any other test VA could come up with and finally I was told I have asthma.

It doesn't help that I have acid reflux and sleep apnea. I never had asthma before the military and now all of a sudden I have asthma. You might want to look in to it being that you were in Iraq.

Some of the usual suspects are: CAD, Pulmonary Hypertension, COPD and secondary to a few STD' and Aids. Is your shortness of breath all the time or only hafter mild to medium exertion? !st time I noticed it was 06 and got a CAD DX . Just recently appeared again, always exertion based and this time after all lung heart and Aids Std testing DX'd as Pulmonary Hypertension secondary to SC SA.

Semper Fi

Gastone