VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Michigan 2013 Property Tax Exemption 100% Sc & Iu Vets

All Michigan Vets in (1) of the following (3) groups: 100% SC, in receipt of VA Pecuinary assistance or classified by VA as IU, are eligible for the State of Mi Property Tax emption for their primary Mi residence. Even if your rated less than 100% SC and not rated as IU receiving 100% pay rate, you can still qualify. If you are elegible for the VA Vocational Rehab Program and receive a letter from the Voc Rehab Councilar stating you are unable to complete the program due to your SC conditions, your good to go for the Mi Tax Exemption. A Mi Vet friend of mine, recently (2013) denied SC IU, got a Voc Rehab Denial letter for additional "New &Material Evidence" for his 2013 IU DRO appeal. I had done the same in 2012 and he agreed with my advice and did the same. I was awarded IU at DRO Hearing 6/27/14. The following day I was filling out my MI Prop Tax Exem form, and spent some time reading the actual 2013 Law. 2 hrs later while cutting the lawn, it came to me that the Voc Rehab Letter would also work for the Mi PT Exemption. Called my friend and advised him to FILE for the Exemption. He did the following Monday, the Voc Rehab letter was eventually accepted by his city and county taxing authorities by that Friday. His VA IU Appeal is still pending, but he got all his 13 &14 property tax money (BIG $$) back and doen't have to pay future property tax. If he croaks, SC condition or not, his wife is exempt as long as she doesn't remarry.

Semper Fi

Gastone.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic