VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused On Few Things.

Rate this question

armyveteran2014

Question

Hi, found this forum about a year ago and it has been tremendously helpful, will be donating soon as I saw something before I was about to post this. I'll keep it short and to the point. I have been recently received my VA disability %. It is at 80%. 70% ptsd 10% shoulder strain and 10% tinnitus. I just find this hard to believe the VA is going to compensate me for my disabilities haha. I really want to seek treatment and have recently been given meds that don't work. Basically my question is, how do I receive treatment without jeapordizing my benefits? I feel like the VA is interogating me every time time I go. Maybe I'm being paranoid, I'm just asking for guidance and help, thank you hadit!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Welcome,

I suggest looking up your nearest Vet Center for therapy

and just getting your meds at the VAMC.

The Vet Centers are located off campus, separate from the VAMC's

and way different - usually very helpful.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho

www.vetcenter.va.gov

Ahh I see now sorry, are you saying go to the smaller clinics instead of the main hospital?

Yepper - the Vet Center works best for me and many other's.

I just see the psychiatrist at my VAMC for 15 or 30 minutes about once every 3 months,

for a brief how's it going, talk about my meds, make any adjustments needed and put the

refills in her computer.

I do all my one on one therapy, groups, etc . . .at the Vet Center.

Armyveteran, are you employed?

If not did the VA consider you for TDIU (paid at the 100% rate of comp)

Do you receives SSDI and is it solely for you SC conditions?

Carlie gave great advise.

The VA's rationale is to maintain treatment with them which you are willing to do, because that treatment , when documented, justifies their continued compensation.and they can't say sometime down the road that they see improvements due to lack of needing care. ( that could cause them to attempt to reduce a comp award.)

Vet centers are wonderful.

One to one with a VA MH provider can be very good too.

You did very well with your claim. Did you have a vet rep? and How long did it take?

Edited by Berta

Most employees at the VA are pro-veteran and are very aware that what they write effects service-connection. Be careful about trying to manipulate VA employees into writing what you want in the records though they deal with this all the time and I'm sure they can spot people trying to manipulate them.