VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Marijuana And The Va

Rate this topic

I have used MJ when my PTSD and joint pain go beyond the limits of my medication. It is not that often and it doesn't take a lot to help the pain and PTSD. I have told my therapist and psychiatrist at the VA but not my physical doc for fear of him stopping my hydrocodone prescription. I can tell you that medical grade MJ can be a lot stronger than off the street stuff, but more expensive the better quality.

Interestingly, overdoses of marijuana caused "0" deaths in 2010, while hydrogenated oil, causes 250,000 heart attacks, according to Harvard University. Guess which one is banned? Marijuana, not trans fats.

This multiple-pronged attack on blood vessels translates into heart disease and death. An analysis of the health effects of industrial trans fats conducted by researchers with the Harvard School of Public Health Department of Nutrition indicates that eliminating trans fats from the U.S. food supply could prevent up to 1 in 5 heart attacks and related deaths. That would mean a quarter of a million fewer heart attacks and related deaths each year in the United States alone. (7) Source: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/transfats/

Canibas causes "0" deaths:

Source:

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.9Nf1P0bu.dpbs

Annual Causes of Death in the United States

Related Chapter:
Overdose
For facts about specific drugs, here's a list of Controlled Substance sections.

1. (Annual Causes of Death, By Cause)

Cause of death (Data from 2010 unless otherwise noted) Number All Causes 2,468,435 Diseases of Heart 780,213 Malignant Neoplasms [Cancer] 574,743 Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases 138,080 Cerebrovascular Diseases 129,476 Accidents (Unintentional Injuries) [Total] 120,859 Motor Vehicle Accidents [subset of Total Accidents] 35,332 Alzheimer's Disease 83,494 Diabetes Mellitus 69,071 Nephritis, Nephrotic Syndrome and Nephrosis 50,476 Influenza and Pneumonia 50,097 Drug-Induced Deaths1 40,393 Intentional Self-Harm (Suicide) 38,364 Septicemia 34,812 Chronic Liver Disease and Cirrhosis 31,903 Firearm Injuries 31,672 Essential Hypertension and Hypertensive Renal Disease 26,634 Alcohol-Induced Deaths 25,692 Parkinson's Disease 22,032 Pneumonitis Due to Solids and Liquids 17,011 Homicide 16,259 Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) 8,369 Viral hepatitis 7,564 All Illicit Drugs Combined (2000)2 17,0002 Cannabis (Marijuana)3 0
    2010 Drug Overdose Mortality Data In Detail as Reported By Paulozzi et al.4 Drug Overdose Total 38,329 Pharmaceutical Drugs 22,134 Pharmaceutical Opioid Analgesics 16,651

- See more at: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.9Nf1P0bu.dpuf

Edited by broncovet