VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t

Rate this question

roses15534

Question

Excellent info. The one thing I wish I could find were the actual percentages of reductions and terminations but this thread is what I've been looking for for a long time

• Founder

Excellent info. The one thing I wish I could find were the actual percentages of reductions and terminations but this thread is what I've been looking for for a long time

I did a search of BVA decisions using the phrase protected disability rating and got the following results, you may find something useful in these decisions.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The VA seems to be more interested in providing statistics that make it look good, require continued funding increases, and keep Congress off their back. I doubt we will ever get hard numbers of successful terminations

Does the clock re-set when your percentage increases?

In other words I had been 10% for over 30 years and as of this year was increased to 100%.

• HadIt.com Elder

Note Mikemmlj T bird posted that about what you been looking for above!

Is the 20 year rule in effect as to when you won your award ? or does it go back to retro? like if you won your award in 2003 but was retro back to 2002..does the 20 year rule apply? to the 2003 or 2002? or when? and does it make a difference if your 100%... or 90% drawing 100%TDIU?

What about the 5 year rule? and he 10 year rule?...I never seen a 15 year rule.

After 20 years then your safe? unless you go back to work and report your income to the SSA...correct?

Thanks Everyone!

Edited by britton

Does the clock re-set when your percentage increases?

In other words I had been 10% for over 30 years and as of this year was increased to 100%.

I guess I am too stupid to figure this out. I start reading and it becomes clear as mud to me.

Can ANYONE answer with a yes or no? Or is this on a case by case type thing?

In my case 30 years at 10%.......... recently 100% PTSD and 30% Sinusitus and 10% Tinitus.