VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 Consecutive Claims Completed In 14 Months

Rate this topic

haparnold66

Original claim filed via snail mail with Oakland VARO Aug 21, 2013 and completed by Phoenix VARO; completed Jun 10, 2014 retroactive to Sep 1, 2013: PTSD 70% + DM II 10% = 70% total

2nd claim via FDC for IU & for DM II increase for meds - filed Jun 22, 2014; completed Oct 30, 2014; IU denied; DM II increased to 20% retroactive to Jun 01, 2014.

Now rated PTSD 70% + DM II 20% = 80% total.

Six years ago this date I was living in my car, then in a VA shelter in Dec. I will be eternally grateful for my VA disability compensation & free medical care/prescriptions. God bless the American taxpayers for taking care of me.

I thank all those on this forum who have shared their experiences/expertise. I benefitted a great deal from the combined knowledge. I intend to stay a member of this forum to help out when & where I can as a way to "pay it forward." Finally, I can shut off eBennies!! The BBE is on its way....again.

I liked your comments about "paying it forward."

Congratulations and good luck to you.

Why was the TDIU denied?

You did Very well so far.....and had 2 awards here.

If a vet is unemployed and hits 70% the VA should infer and consider them for TDIU and/or enclose the TDIU form with the decision.

I don't have the BBE letter yet, but I can pretty much surmise that IU was denied because my last employer could not/would not provide detailed unpaid time off records. I never indicated my reason for missing work @ the time; I was still too stubborn and proud to admit what had been going on for decades. Too, the C&P examiner asked me a direct question, "Can you work." I replied, "I guess so."

In other words, my factual support for IU was weak. I knew it to be so. Again, I am grateful for my current ratings and compensation. When I started this whole claims process 14 months ago, I felt anything in the 20-30% range would be fine.

Way to go man!!! It's a pick-me-up to here of another success story. I wish it could work out this way for everyone on a bonified claim. I'm still waiting to get out of the Gathering Evidence phase after 16 months!! Mabe something will break soon! Again WELL DONE!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use