The Actual Fdc Timelines?

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

After 120 days, my first FDC Claim and my first ever claim ever is still stuck in "Review" at the RO? I took it to heart when I read on the new FDC Process "all evidence" and there's nothing else for VA to obtain? Since day one in the military, I kept or obtained a copy of every single piece of medical records/papers. Accordingly, I also, submitted 14 DBQ's completed with this FDC on 20 Contentions an it's all very well documented. When I asked for status from my VSO, she said the system says VBA is still "gathering evidence"? Also, she went on to say that they all (meaning her claims files) all say that anyway? I said to her, "why", this is an FDC and I already signed off that I've submitted everything anyway? I could see that if VBA was still looking for more evidence because there was more evidence to find anyway? Also, I know not to provide more paperwork after or submit another claim after you submit an FDC claim because they'll put it into the regular claims process? The only correspoindece that I received from the VA Regional Office was that at the 90 day mark the letter says that we are experincing delays? Is this normal for a well documented FDC to languish like this...I know that ebennfits is not the most up to date application...

Anybody got any suggestions of what I should do now besides just being more patient...?

rootbeer22,

Since you filed an FDC with 14 DBQs and 20 contentions, you should expect to wait longer than most FDCs which usually have one or two claims or contentions. Keep in mind the rating officials have to review the evidence for each contention separately, determine the severity of each condition and match the severity level of each condition with the rating tables in 38 cfr 4. Since you submitted a voluminous amount of evidence, it will naturally take more time to review and evaluate the evidence.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but the only thing I can suggest is to keep being patient.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

• Like 1

• HadIt.com Elder

Pure conjecture.

The VA has gotten hammered for, among other things, claims that have been in the system for way to long.

There is also a problem with complying with the law as to what cases are dealt with in what order. It seems that the VA

Took a hit in this area as well.

A part of what is happening is due to congress more or less ignoring it's past contributions to the overall VA problems.

(Blame the VA, the service organizations, etc.)

One of the VA higher level employees (Somewhere in management) complained/remarked to the effect that the service organizations

had blocked certain "reforms". My reply was that such "reforms" often have contained related or unrelated "poison pills", and thus

had (and have) strong opposition.

Hubby's FDC took 12 months with only 2 issues.

Claims usually stay in review of evidence or gathering evidence for a very long time. It's not until your claim is getting ready for rating that it will move into the later stages.

You did your part-- now all you can do is wait...I know it's frustrating.

Yeah my FDC has a estimated complete date of Feb 2016. Of course I did complicate things for the VA raters. Imagine that. Hobbies and legal research will keep you busy that is for sure.