VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

John had his exam on Friday

was suppose to be 1 hr with psych dr. ( lasted 1/2 hr.)

45 min with xray

15 min lab ( only took urine sample )

then with Gen Med Dr.

They would not let me in with John with the psych dr. But otherwise had no problems.

I do not understand how they can make decided if John has PTSD by spending and 1/2 hr with him, although it sounds like he asked John a lot of questions.

then just checking his urnine for DMII with no fasting ( That doesn't seem efficient to me )

The Gen Med. Dr. checked his back and leg movements, checked his shoulder, checked for PN ( feelings in his feet )

Everthing went so fast that we were out of there with in 1 1/2 hr.'s

Does this usually go this fast ? How can they make a judgement on this, Do any of you think that he will be denied because of how fast it went? Or is this just the way they operate? These where very yound DR.'s and I can not see that they would have all of the answers to such medical problems. Or am I just being paranoid?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well, I have gotten a good C&P.

Out of a few.

I suggest getting a copy of the report. Then you know more what to expect from VARO. Fewer surprizes and more time to fix any problems caused by a poor exam.

Time

• HadIt.com Elder

The only complete and competent exam I ever had at the VA was my AO exam. The C&P exams are just a joke. How in the world can a shrink determine if a person has PTSD or anything else in 15 minutes. Most times the shrink has not even read the medical file. Make sure they are looking at your file instead of some other vet's. Last C&P I had the doctor asked me if I had been in Vietnam. I said "Yes" and he did not believe me until he checked my DD214. That was basically it. I know he had not reviewed my records or he would not have asked me that since it was all over my records.

If we had known at age 20 or 21 we all would have sat in the VA until we got a decent rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi,

I had one good Fair and Just C&P examination, which would have most likely awarded me benefits.

The Va. sure didn't want that! 5 months later I had a Board of Two Psychiatrist, husband not allowed to go back with me.

I am 100% sure the Male Pschiatrist used hypnosis.

Canned and most likely written before my arrival. What I remember saying was never written down.

The lady Psychaitrist did not have my claims file, just a clip board and I can barely remember seeing her write some thing down occasionally.

Results of that C&P- Nothing bothered her in service.

The male Psychiatrist had some sense, as he refused to sign the exam. Full of slanderous lies!

Two Regional Office for 4 years, have gone to BVA and remanded to the Appeals Management Center.

They will have to kill me, before I close or drop out of this case.

Josephine