VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Docs: Va's Cancelled Appointments Led To Veteran Deaths

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

In conflict with VA's official statements, VA docs said that cancelled appointments led to Veterans death's:

http://www.vetlawyers.com/morning-muster-10312014/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BergmannMoore+%28Bergmann+%26+Moore%29

Interestingly, Veterans can not use "lay evidence" to rebut a doctors finding. WE must use another doc to refute what one doc says. However, "The VA execs" decided to do just that, to overturn the doc's findings as irrelevant, and put out a report that said that (Veteran deaths were not caused by cancelled/delayed doc appointments) in order to make the numbers look better so that VA execs could collect bonuses.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

couple links into that story:

"WASHINGTON — Overworked staff, inefficient hiring practices and inadequate technology continue to play havoc with patient scheduling at VA health centers, according to a new report — findings very similar to those in a 2008 study that the VA never acted on."

“The recommendations of this report echo those of the earlier (Booz Allen Hamilton) wait times report and suggest that the issues identified are representative and enduring,” the new report says.

“They were basically cobbling together 1980s software,” he said in the conference call."

http://www.stripes.com/news/report-familiar-enduring-problems-plague-va-health-system-1.311293

Maybe that news team on 'triple dipping' could do some real investigating on The Cabal that is The VA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/lead-investigator-of-wait-times-at-veterans-affairs-still-gets-criticism-over-report/2014/11/01/96d83f9e-59fa-11e4-8264-deed989ae9a2_story.html

Spin and more spin.......and they ain't fooling anyone....

I just hope the survivors of any affected family due to delays in care of their veteran family member is NOT discouraged from filing under 1151 and/or FTCA.

20 years ago VA accepted ( after quite a battle) my lay medical and legal evidence for my FTCA case.

In another post here today someone mentioned that is definitely not the fact these days.....

And the reason why I had 3 IMOs for my subsequent AO claims (that were also due to malpractice)

because I not would take the chance that VA would suddenly say I had no lay medical expertise even when I already proved to them in 1997 that I did.

( I didn't get dumber, I got medically smarter ...no internet when I FTCAed them 2 decades ago.VBut no one these days can rely on their own medical opinions (which could be valid and probative)

Vet reps can help (maybe) with good advise on 1151 claims but for FTCA these families need copies of all of the veteran's medical records for both 1151 and FTCA and then a strong IMO and a lawyer.

Their FTCA Statute of limits is ticking away by the day.

ONE single wrongful death award stemming from Phoenix delays could upset the carefully groomed VA applecart.

But no one should wait for public news of that award if they feel malpractice occurred.

FTCA SOL is 2 years. 1151 claims ...........no time limit at all.

It is quite possible that a delay in care did NOT cause the deaths of some of these vets ( Phoenix)

but equally possible that it did.

OIG Griffin is not an MD.

Edited by Berta