VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Was Curious On What This Means If Its Good Or Not

Rate this question

velord

Question

Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

Im just curious if this is a good thing or another generic message? My claim has been going on for over 8yrs now. I was medically discharged from the army with a service connected disability with a rating and the VA kept denying me prior to this message. I literally faxed the form 9 to them the day prior before.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Well I just contacted the BVA they said they never received my form 9 and said that ebenefits and the 1800 have false information. I know they have received it cause I have a certified copy that shows that someone there picked it up. Ive contacted my congressman again to look into it. last time she looked into something it was cause they falsified my records and I caught them on it. so well lets see how this one plays out this time

Geeez..... that is awful....

Britton also had my question....why was the file returned to the VAMC, and not the VARO but I see there is more to this then meets the eye....I sure hope you get this straightened out soon.

Do not hesitate to use IRIS and if you don't like their reply send the same info and their reply as a Complaint, using the IRIS pop down complaint box.

I am a widow of a vet and ebenefits wont let me use them .Yesterday I made the dreaded every 6 months 800# call and they said I had 3 open pending issues ( I thought I only had 2) and they found my 1151 2012 claim, and also that my appeal was docketed with the BVA in April 2014 (Say what?)

I would LOVE to have an appeal docketed at the BVA but I had to contact the BVA yesterday (no response yet) because I don't have the slightest idea what they mean.

The 800 man asked me if my address had changed because he said they sent me a letter regarding the BVA appeal in April ....I have had the same address for 25 years.....I have never received a single piece of mail from the RO on these 3 pending issues.

At least via 800# I know they are there.at my RO.

Berta,

Have you thought about about sending an e-mail to Bob asking him to consider giving widows access to Ebenefits? I can not understand why widows should not have access.

Georgiapapa

• HadIt.com Elder

There's no telling who you talked with at BVD,..,just hang in there buddy wait until you see what the letter says from BVD sounds like something is not right, just hang on to that certified copy...can be used as evidence and proof!... but I also thought you said you faxed the 9?

I hate it when this happens to a brother vet!

you will win just keep on hanging in there!

ya I faxed it in and its weird. I called the 1800 number today and they said cause I didn't file it in time they automatically denied my claim. I contacted the congressman today she is pissed and asked me to screen shot my ebenefits screen cause she was told i had a year and had no idea what is going on so she is going to contact the liaisons office again.

Appeal Detail

There are six basic phases of an appeal:

1. Appeal Pending: You have initiated an appeal, but at this point your case is still with the local VA office that made the decision on your case. If you have questions about your appeal, please contact that office or your representative, if you have one.

2. Administrative Case Processing: After BVA receives your case, it is processed and stored in a secure location until it is assigned to a Veterans Law Judge (VLJ) based on your docket number, which identifies your place in the line of cases to be decided by BVA.

3. With VSO: This indicates that your Veterans Service Organization representative has your claims file for review.

4. With VLJ: This indicates that a Veterans Law Judge has your claims file and will take appropriate action on your appeal.

5. Pending Dispatch: This indicates that the Veterans Law Judge made a decision on your appeal, and that BVA will mail the decision to you soon.

6. Decision & Claims File Dispatch: This indicates that BVA mailed the decision to you (and your representative, if any) and transferred your case to another location. Please refer to your Appeal Detail screen for further information about the specific location of your case.

7. Complete

8. Complete

9. Complete

10. Complete

11. Complete

12. Current

Details about your BVA Appeal received on no date
  • Local VA Office of Jurisdiction: Seattle, WA
  • Power of Attorney: O - Other
  • Current Progress: Decision & Claims File Dispatch
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.
Timeline of Your Appeal
Date of Progress Progress Progress Office 04/01/2013 Local VA Office Decision RO 04/17/2013 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 04/22/2013 Appeal Pending RO 08/30/2014 Statement of the Case (SOC) RO 11/01/2014 Decision & Claims File Dispatch BVA Show Fewer Items