VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Traveling Board

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

<<<<<<<<<All in all it went very good . Just have the right evidence and be car(e)ful with IMO because she mentioned that Vets not all, but some are paying doctors to fill out false IMO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Whoa, there pilgrim. In all my days working claims, I have yet to hear of a suborned doctor's nexus letter. I have read of a Vet who extensively remodeled his best friend's DD 214 and sent the new one in with his claim but he was an employee of the Baltimore VARO. He was caught granting fake claims for even more of his buddies by the VAOIG. Somebody bragged to the wrong person at the VFW Bar. It happened about five years ago. I have kept close track of this since Keith Roberts did his 4 years for "falsifying" his claim in 04. He was exonerated but that never makes it back into the newspaper.

​I call 4 pinocchios on that one. It reflects exactly how they think of us and our credibility.

clear prop

Edited by asknod

"Whoa, there pilgrim. In all my days working claims, I have yet to hear of a suborned doctor's nexus letter"

Me either ASKNOD.

I think whoever said that was talking out of their butt.

Doctors have serious ethical requirements as to when they prepare an IMO and sure would not risk losing their license via perjury.

( well some VA doctors might...as I well know ,and have that fact documented, but they dont even need malpractice insurance.

Maybe Bob should change that.)

Dont forget everybody ,... when Dr Bash went through some VA BS over some of his IMos,many years ago he strongly protested to the OGC and that was quickly resolved.

I have a copy of the Secretary's apology and appreciation to him of the help he gives veterans via his detailed and expert IMOs.

But as I always say, no IMO doc, nor lawyer, nor vet rep can make a claim succeed.

Evidence does that.

Edited by Berta

need to add,''' this gave me a flashback.....

I was actually asked in email years ago from a member to give them a buddy statement as to an incident on a ship in the Navy for their claim

The Navy at the time of this incident had no women on board ships as far as I know and I am a Civilian ....which this member knew. I forget if he offered me money or not.....

disgusting.

In another email situation someone here got me in involved in years ago,..I had to email a judge at the CAVC because the 'widow' was not going to tell the CAVC that the vet had died...

and she didnt want them to know she was not the widow at all......thinking the case could continue and she would reap the monetary award ( for which I saw no retro possibility anyway.)

The CAVC called me up and asked me to prove what I told them and when I did they were quite upset.

I am bringing this up because us longterm hardcore advocates here have been through many travails, unfair and time consuming to us, and I sure would not want anyone to think this person who mentioned the Bogus IMOs really implies that veterans themselves would even pay for something like that....

but then again...I sure have had my share of wannabees.

And one of them actually taught me a lot.

need to add,''' this gave me a flashback.....

I was actually asked in email years ago from a member to give them a buddy statement as to an incident on a ship in the Navy for their claim

Berta,

How about you filling out a bunch of DBQ's for people - ya got a DEA # right - ha . . . ha . . .