VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Traveling Board

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Yes! More movement on my claim today! I'm now at level five Pending Dispatch. How long do I now have? My claim was put in 2006 and has been on appeal from 2008. Its going to be hard to sleep tonight wondering what is in the Decision!! WOW

Rec letter today dated 3/4/15 IU remanded, tinnitus granted. remand is good judge wants RO to get there head out of there assssss and review my case. besides IU there is Sleep ap and vertigo going back to 3/2011. judge mentioned that before she renders a decision which I think will be granted IU or 100% P?T In my own opinion I feel very strong she will grant or RO will grant just to get it over with. Will let all know what goes and I will stay on them like white on rice stink on ship.

Congrats on tinnitus granted, it is a step in the right direction! The RO will get their heads out because of how strong the evevidence is and we aren't going anywhere. I wish the BVA would've done more for you this trip around. BVA is making the RO do their jobs, you still have movement and a strong case hang in there.

A realistic timeline was about 13 months back in 2011 from the VLJ hearing to decision. With the VA sending all these to DC on appeal to clear the ROs out, it is getting longer and longer. I don't want to rain on the parade. It's at least a year unless you asked for advancement on the docket via 20.900 (c ).

Just to FYI, VA has not employed "panels" of judges since 1994. In the rare instance where you had a BVA hearing and the judge retired before he decided your case, they ask you if you'd like a new hearing. If not, they can assign a three judge panel in lieu of it and proceed if you object. There is also a big difference in a Travel Board hearing and a videoconference version. You will normally have to wait up to two years in some places like Oakland for a true face- to- face hearing. Maybe less than a year after certification for a video version.

I prefer face to face but it didn't avail me. The Judge (Hindin) felt I had way too much knowledge of how this works. He was polite but the bitchslap was not. He blew an ass gasket when I won at the CAVC and dawdled around for six months before revising the BVA decision in violation of the 20.900 strictures. Even then, he purposefully ignored my Porphyria claim which is why I had to go back to the Court for a Writ in January. My DRO hearing in 1990 was a fiasco. Bozo refused to look at my Air America records and said they were not "official service department records" and yes, I lost there and on appeal to DC in 92.

BVA VLJs each have a staff of VA attorneys (4-8) who review the cases and write them up. The Judge reviews it and signs off. The top sheeting disease we suffer at the RO infects them as well. The best decisions, oddly enough. come from the Acting VLJs-those in training for the big banana in the future. They strive to get it anally correct and are far more open-minded. Unfortunately, you will rarely meet them unless you have your hearing at 810 Vermin Ave. NW in DC. Only the older, established VLJs get to go on these Travel board junkets to faraway cities and stay in really nice five-star hotels. Hindin stayed across the street from the Seattle RO at the Hotel Alexis. Google it. The cheapest room there is about $225 a night and they have a restaurant that ain't McFlougal's prices. Best of Luck to you chief.

asknod I have had my VLJ hearing with A. Alibrado VLJ, I hade my advance on docket for my BVA decision, she has approved one appeal and her paper work to me seems to tell the RO too get with the program either you approve or show me why I should not. I have gone from certification to hearing in less then 6months thanks to McDonald, call me bob. I did meet my VLJ Judge Alibrando at The St Pete RO on November 5, 2014. all my ducks are in row. Go back and read my post so far. Will let all know as soon as get a reply. I also fax the judge in formation she request from RO AS SHE REQUESTED. The veteran has the right to submit additional evidence and arguments on the matter the Board has remanded. Kutscherousky v. Wesr, 12 Vet. App. 369 (1999) and in her written statement she states that she wants this appeal be afforded expeditious treatment, and I intend to push this as hard as I can.