VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Decision!

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Well I am happy to say that I think my long wait is finally coming to an end.

I got out in 1996 and filed for the first time ever in May 2013 - My only regret is that I did not file when I was discharged in 1996!

Initial Claim Date: May 2013 (18 Contentions)

Contentions: Bilateral eyes floaters (New), Bilateral Chronic Watery Eyes (New), Bilateral Shoulder Condition (to include pain and limitation in motion) (New), Lumbago (New), Bilateral Ankle Condition (New), Bilateral Foot Condition (New), Toe Condition on Left Foot (New), Mental Health Condition (Anxiety and sleeping disorder) (New), Eating Disorder (New), Chronic Diarrhea (New), Gastroenteritis (New), Chronic Anemia (New), Chronic Bronchitis (New), Sinusitis (New), allergic rhinitis (New), PTSD due to "MST" (New), Bilateral ear condition (New), tinnitus (New), CUE re: feet and audio portions of RD dated 06/12/2014 (New)

C&P Exams: July 2013 ( I had three - Audiology; Ophthalmology; general exam) - I did not need any further exams for my IBS b/c I had an outside doctor for many years that filled out a DBQ and I produced the colonoscopy to the VA as well. They wound up S/C for IBS

GOE from Aug 2013 to Jun 2014

PFD Jun 2014

Jun 2014 Partially S/C 40% and back to GOE (IBS; Tinnitus; Anemia; Left Ankle) - DENIED me on (Left toe condition; L/R ear condition; Gastroenteritis; Left/Right Shoulder) - The rest were deferred for medical opinion EXCEPT for my MH - it was deferred for VA Examination (C&P Exam).

I immediately filed a CUE on the toe condition as they listed it on the wrong foot and asked that it be reconsidered - I also filed a CUE stating I never filed for L/R Ear Conditions in my original claims.

July 2014 - After having a MH evaluation done - I disclosed some information about my MST in the military. This prompted the VA to amend my MH claim to include PTSD (secondary to personal assault).

Aug 2014 - I was called by a women coordinator who helped me with the MST situation and let me know what I needed to fill out and upload through Ebennies. My claim changed to add the PTSD/MST

Final C&P Exam ordered Oct 2014 for PTSD/MST; MH (Eating Disorder/Anxiety) - I had two separate DBQ's filled out at this time - ONE was from the PTSD/MST and the other was for MH (Eating Disorder)

C&P Exam completed Oct 9th, 2014 and uploaded to MyhealthyVets for me to review (I posted the C&P Exam results in the C&P Forum as a Thread)

Today moved from GOE to PFD.......

It's been a long road traveled but I sure hope they can finally finish this for me.

I would just like to say never GIVE UP and NEVER think you are not entitled to VA Medical help/Compensation.......

A submission of CUE by the claimant is for claim issues that have become final.

Hopefully you just requested they CUE themselves on the wrong foot issue

and apply the evidence / benefit to the correct foot.

If not, this could tie you up time wise.

Hang in there, maybe you will have some answers in the next 1-3 months.

jmho

Yes Carlie;

The CUE was specifically for the toe condition denial on the wrong foot. I was advised they corrected the issue for me. It will still be a denial but I can at least file my NOD on that afterwards. They also stated the L/R Ear Condition was not claimed by me and will be removed.

I hope that they finally finish this up too! Thanks!

Edited by Navy4life

And now the time line has at least changed to a closer time line then before. I am not at 03/15 so that is much better than 07/16 :) Only been waiting a 1-1/2 years LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

I wish you the best Navy4life!

Navy4life,

Sounds like you have your ducks in a row.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

Thank you all!

Update - back to GOE this afternoon but with a new note in my claim that they requested the VA facility to provide info to them so I am assuming it is my most recent therapy appointment that I had. I posted the results in the C&P thread and I believe they further confirm my S/C for my MH issues....

The date to respond is 11/15/14 so we will see LOL

Just got off the phone with my coordinator and she said she just got an email that the medical opinion on some of my contentions they needed have been completed. They are working on getting me rated for the remaining contentions so it should not be much longer.

Edited by Navy4life