VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spokane Va Emergency Room Goes To Bankers' Hours

Notorious Kelly

Hospital staff said starting December 1st, the emergency room will only be open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. seven days a week. Staff said if someone arrives at the emergency room after hours, they will have to send them to another hospital.

http://www.krem.com/story/news/local/spokane-county/2014/11/05/spokane-va-hospital-cuts-24-hour-emergency-room-service/18535757/

Megan Crowley, VA spokesperson, said the large turnover rate at has to deal with there not being enough physicians to keep the doors open overnight.

During the shortened hours there will be two full-time ER doctors available

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

"News flash! New (supposedly) Urgent Care clinic coming to Spokane, WA, VAMC!!!"

Gee, thanks a lot VA for 'really' doing everything possible to 'take care' of us Veterans...

I guess they think we can schedule our emergencies to only occur during normal business hours.

Reminds me of a new Magistrate Judge I had to deal with when I was a Deputy Marshal. The judge was responsible for conducting hearings on new arrestees shortly after their arrests. The judge seemed surprised we were bringing arrestees in at nights and on weekends. He did not like working after normal business hours. He asked why we couldn't arrange to make arrests during regular working hours. I told him we arrest them when we find them regardless of the day or time. The magistrate complained to the Chief judge who asked the Magistrate, "Do you think criminals quit working at 5:00 p.m.?" Needless to say, U.S. Marshals still make arrests 24/7.

Where is the common sense?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good points!

It is unfortunate that Veterans are again caught in the middle...

• In Memoriam

Screw the VA. If you have other insurance go to an outside hospital.

I had another mini stroke. Went to Washington Regional in Fayetteville AR.

Within 10 minutes they did Xray, Catscan, and contrast die MRI. It was just a little cold except in the places that the contrast die makes extrememly warm. The doc came in and i told him I'll be better, I'LL be better, I'll be better Doc, as soon as I am able.

He said hey Rocky what day is it, I forgot, He asked me who the president was, and I told him we don't have one. he laughed and said you will fit right in here. It was a little amusing for me, but my head really hurt. Best hospital food I have ever eaten (Pork Lions and gravy). The nurses were extremely nice and beautiful also. Jeez you might wake up in that place and think you are in heven.

Hey any body want to move to Fayetteville Arkansas. There is a VAMC here. Sanders is trying to keep the Vets locked into their local VAs, but he can kiss my behind. These things are not political, but just things you think of when you have a stoke and care about Vets as much as yourself. This is number 6 for me. VA has done very little.

Kind of like the Whitter CA. earthquakes you just kind of know it will be over soon maybe. I got up on the Embacy Suites Downey CA., too see if i could see any kind of land waves or buildings falling over on the after shocks. You could really feel the sway during the after shock. Hang in there Vets and helpers.