VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Questionnaire

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

I received a big package from Social Security today. It's titled Social Security disability determination. Anyone have advice/experience on filling this out. It's making me paranoid is this normal?

Social Security is much much more efficient than VA. You will likely get a SSDI decision in less than 120 days UNLESS you dont fill out the required information. I have relatives who work at SSDI and, beleive me, if you are assigned to a case you better have a compelling reason WHY this was not completed in a timely manner.

I hope McDonald does fire 1000 or more VA employees in the next few days. The way Vets are treated is ridicilous...there are not legitimate excuses for cases taking longer than a year, and sometimes longer than 5 years or even 10 years. 120 days should not be a "goal" by 2015...it should be a mandate now, and now exec bonuses until this is met.

When I applied for SSDI I had to file a lot of questionnaires. It is normal and part of the process. It took a long time but I finally got it. Took a long time to start getting paid after I won it....and I am still waiting on back pay.

It is a waiting game and you have to play by their rules.