VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iraq/afghanistan Claims

Rate this question

qmasters3240

Question

Can someone please help to explain why Iraq/Afghanistan claims seem to receive more precedence/priority over other outstanding claims...? (This includes unresolved World War II Veteran Claims that for whatever reason continue to get tossed aside with no intention of an expedite in site)

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good question ,and I think the VSO's give them more attention as well to get new members. The VA has never given the Vietnam Era vets a break and the First Gulf War vets and Korean vets are forgotten as well.

when i returned from Iraq last July, i fianlly registered with the V.A. i was told that the Iraq and Afghanistan returning vets are given priority 1 veterans status,if they file within 1 year of returning, why? i have no idea. i've been waiting quite a while, and i havent seen or heard anything being expedited concerning my claim. in Houston there are 17,500 claims ahead of mine. i say first come, first served. i was also told that the V.A. in Houston(unknown what other locations) were given a 5 million dollar grant to start moving cases 6 months and older out of the system,and get them settled. i'm fortunate enough to have my next door neighbor (husband and wife) both work for the v.a. and lets me know whats going on with that kind of news. i'm new to this V.A. stuff. i've never filed a claim in all my 22 years of military service, i was diagnosed with ptsd, i'm running out of options,GAF score 45 , i cant work.(dr. wont release me) i'm anxious as well. good luck to everyone..martin spears

I can explain. It's an active War.

If the public was to hear returning soldiers were being treated as the rest of us are there would be hell to pay for the politico. The Gulf War 1 Vets did get some early timely decisions. Untill they were out of the limelight.

Simple as that. And when this one is over they'll be in the boat with us.

Time