VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental

Rate this topic

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Red

Most dental insurance is not worth the money you pay for it. The American dental plan can save you some bucks because their dentists agree to accept less for crowns, root canals etc.

• HadIt.com Elder

You might look at some supplemental insurance to go with ChampVA that has Dental Coverage that is optional. Or look for a Dentist who will accept payments. Its a lot cheaper and better to fix dental problems before they get worse. I know through hard experience and I have Dental with my 100% since 1996.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

If you can convince my wife of that I will give you 500 bucks! Those bridges, implants, crowns etc can cost thousands and thousands of buck. People fly to Thailand to have it done because it is cheaper to stay in Thailand at a luxury hotel and get the work done there than have it done here by your private dentist.

Not to mention the pain. I had one implant done and it was a long and painful procedure. Really three surgeries: an extraction, the implanting of the screws, and then the reopening of the gum to put in the implant device and then the actual crown on top of that. $3000 times say 30 teeth and you see what I mean.

I just sent in a check to the AARP Dental Insurance company. I don't have any idea about how good it is, but it is reasonable. I'll keep you posted. :rolleyes: